Map detailing the world's natural disasters.

Weather events from around the world plus Astronomy and Geology and other Natural events.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.

Help Support Storm2K
ravyrn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Map detailing the world's natural disasters.

#1 Postby ravyrn » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:16 pm

Click image to enlarge.
0 likes   

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby Cyclenall » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:12 am

That's a good one, a huge amount of information contained in it. The pixel for observed mean temperature trend shows the darkest red shade (0.5ºC+ increase) on top me of, yay!! :D

The tornado diagram looks messed up. It shows a broad circled area of zone 2 over the equator in Africa...I thought tornadoes couldn't form at the equator? I also never hear of tornadoes in that part either. Parts of Russia should be zone 3. Central Australia, Syria/Iraq/Jordon, and southern California are shaded zone 2 for some reason even though I can't imagine tornadoes forming there with any re-occurrence. They should all be zone 1. Hail and tornadoes is shaded zone 2-4 in east Asia (China)...uhh ok!?!?
0 likes   

ravyrn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Map detailing the world's natural disasters.

#3 Postby ravyrn » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:18 pm

Yeah I agree, that tornado map does seem quite off.
0 likes   

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby brunota2003 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:55 pm

Tornadoes rely on directional and speed shear to form usually...you don't need the earth's rotation to cause spin (hence why both cyclonic and anti-cyclonic tornadoes form in the same hemisphere). So yes, tornadoes can form in equator bound countries.
0 likes   
Just a small town southern boy helping other humans.

Return to “Global Weather”