Dollar Store Hurricane Supplies

This will be the place to find all your hurricane prep information. Whether it be preparing your home, family, pets or evacuation plans here is where to find the information you need.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

DanKellFla
Category 5
Category 5

Dollar Store Hurricane Supplies

#1 Postby DanKellFla » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:22 am

My local dollar store had a package of glowing bracelets. I think each package had 10. I picked some up for my kids. I figure that it is better than giving the big glowsticks to the kids. This way, I can use one each night. The kids will have a little light, and I won't care about spending 10 cents. This got me thinking. What other dollar store hurricane supplies have you come across?
I also get my D batteries there. They don't last as long per battery, but per dollar it is no contest. You get a lot of bang for your buck with those cheapo batteries.
0 likes   

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby brunota2003 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:27 am

I know that most places have puzzles, coloring books, books or games that would keep kids entertained?
0 likes   

digitaldahling
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

Re: Dollar Store Hurricane Supplies

#3 Postby digitaldahling » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:46 am

DanKellFla wrote:My local dollar store had a package of glowing bracelets. I think each package had 10. I picked some up for my kids. I figure that it is better than giving the big glowsticks to the kids. This way, I can use one each night. The kids will have a little light, and I won't care about spending 10 cents. This got me thinking. What other dollar store hurricane supplies have you come across?
I also get my D batteries there. They don't last as long per battery, but per dollar it is no contest. You get a lot of bang for your buck with those cheapo batteries.

Paper products, charcoal, basic medical supplies, butt wipes (for hands, etc.), drop cloths and other sundries. Just walk the aisles, it helps remind you.
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#4 Postby CajunMama » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:44 am

Breinla and i stocked up the other year on those "push" lights at the dollar store. You know the ones that you push the light and it turns on. They're battery operated too. I still have all mine (i bought a bunch).
0 likes   

njoynit
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

Re: Dollar Store Hurricane Supplies

#5 Postby njoynit » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:47 am

Beef jerky
I had a jacks game I picked up for Rita,plus uno& Rook.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Preparation”