Prep problems and lesson learned

This will be the place to find all your hurricane prep information. Whether it be preparing your home, family, pets or evacuation plans here is where to find the information you need.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

olddude
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Prep problems and lesson learned

#1 Postby olddude » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:40 pm

Well, Tropical Storm Fay has come and gone in the FL. Keys. All in all not a devestating storm but still it caused a few problems. Small storms like this are, for me, the perfect run thru of my preperations. Just enough possible trama to make me fully implement my plans.

As always there are a few glitches in any plan. In my case it was a very stubborn side slider shutter that took an extra 1/2 hour to close properly. Some tree branches above a roof that I never got around to pruning. Missing tie down strap for my boat and the realization that after the electrician changed out the circutbreaker box he mislabled every single circut. If I would have had to run the genny thru the transfer switch it would have been a nightmare figuring out what circuts to leave on.

That we all may get a 'lesson learned' tell us what curveballs were thrown your way when you went thru your plan for the first time this season.

Scott
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Preparation”