Great Hurricane Blowout educational program

This will be the place to find all your hurricane prep information. Whether it be preparing your home, family, pets or evacuation plans here is where to find the information you need.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Great Hurricane Blowout educational program

#1 Postby cycloneye » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:31 pm

This is a great site of preparations for every hurricane season.

http://www.greathurricaneblowout.org/
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

LaPlaceFF
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Great Hurricane Blowout educational program

#2 Postby LaPlaceFF » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:02 am

Info courtesy of the website

Welcome to the Great Hurricane Blowout, a first of its kind experience presented by the Federal Alliance for Safe Homes, Inc.- FLASH and Plan!t Now and sponsored by Kohler and State Farm, that uses fun and learning to help you get ready for hurricanes. Join the Blowout now and stay with us throughout April and May as surprise celebrities and experts will guide you through the right steps to get you and your home prepared.

Follow us as the six phases unfold and get the whole family involved. As each phase goes live it will build on the last to create a comprehensive preparedness plan.

Move through the Blowout with us and, by the beginning of hurricane season on June 1st, you’ll be able to answer these questions and breathe easy knowing that you’re ready. On June 1st, you can join us to Dine in the Dark and test your new disaster supply kits by cooking up celebrity “power-free” recipes and more.
0 likes   

LaPlaceFF
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby LaPlaceFF » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:21 pm

0 likes   

TornaDOH!
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#4 Postby TornaDOH! » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:59 am

cycloneye,

This honestly wouldn't be a horrible program to squeeze in to the educational system in at risk geographic locations. I was thinking about that a bit as I read over this short thread and I do feel like it may be important for young people to form their own opinion regarding disaster reaction, etc. The type of situation I think of involves something where an elderly woman is not caught up to speed and live with her granddaughter who would only know out of date procedures unless she was better educated. Or college kids living on their own for the first time....

DOH!
0 likes   
James V. III
Oklahoma State University Class of 1990
Assistant Professor of Engineering - University Of Oklahoma
"Not even a stack of wholesale sunglasses could protect you from my shine!"
Weather Blog - http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/canopy

Return to “Hurricane Preparation”