weather radio question - for Hou/Galvers

This will be the place to find all your hurricane prep information. Whether it be preparing your home, family, pets or evacuation plans here is where to find the information you need.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Houstonia
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Sharpstown, Houston, Harris County, Southeast Texas.

weather radio question - for Hou/Galvers

#1 Postby Houstonia » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:44 am

I have a weather radio question. We have three different radios that pick up the HOU/GAL NWS station. One is a weather radio, one is a police/weather radio and one is a fm/am/police/weather radio - all different brands.

For at least the last week, we have not been able to pick up the weather radio station. My mother's weather radio says signal loss, it just doesn't come in on her police radio (although the police stations do) and on my radio, I can just BARELY get the station in.

Has anyone else in Houston had this problem? Any way of knowing what is going on with it?

thanks.
0 likes   

thetruesms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#2 Postby thetruesms » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:05 pm

I'd suggest calling the NWS office - they can tell you if they're having transmitter issues on their end
0 likes   

Stormtrack
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: weather radio question - for Hou/Galvers

#3 Postby Stormtrack » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:26 pm

I assume you were trying to access the Houston station, KGG68 (162.400) which was out of service, but according to an announcement on the Galveston station KHB40, it is back up. The Galveston station's transmitter is in Hitchcock but is 1000 watts, so you may be able to pick it up whenever KGG68 is down (162.550). There is also one in Bay City, WWG40@ 162.425.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Preparation”