Evacuation for a College Student?

This will be the place to find all your hurricane prep information. Whether it be preparing your home, family, pets or evacuation plans here is where to find the information you need.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Exalt
Category 1
Category 1

Evacuation for a College Student?

#1 Postby Exalt » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:23 pm

I’m needing some advice on whether to evacuate and when I should for Hurricane Florence. Currently am a student in the Williamsburg area (easy to tell which college), so I’m easily close to the Chesapeake and not far from the VA Beach waterfront at all. Considering potential landfall impact and being well within the cone for both landfall and further impact from forecasted stalling, should I evacuate ASAP? We are definitely at risk of flooding, but am luckily in the third floor of my dorm. I have plans to either flee back to NOVA or to NYC with a friend to get completely away from Florence.

Sorry for the wall of the text, but I’m quite worried. Thanks guys.
0 likes   

nutkin517
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

Re: Evacuation for a College Student?

#2 Postby nutkin517 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:08 pm

If you are leaving and haven't left yet, go now. You do not want to be stuck in traffic while the outer bands of a landfalling hurricane have arrived. Many people here in Texas were stuck on the roads during Rita because of traffic and a lack of gas, etc. It is the worst scenario.
2 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Preparation”