Hurricane Shutters

This will be the place to find all your hurricane prep information. Whether it be preparing your home, family, pets or evacuation plans here is where to find the information you need.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

T'Bonz
Category 1
Category 1

Hurricane Shutters

#1 Postby T'Bonz » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:31 am

I had to smile this week. My husband, he of little fear of storms, has finally been converted after last year's seemingly non-ending season.

For 10 years, I've been after him to get hurricane shutters. Usually he'll put up a few pieces of ill-fitting plywood if a storm threatens. :roll: Last year, it stayed up for weeks, because the darned storms just kept coming! :lol:

But when I started the pre-hurricane season whining about not having hurricane shutters and how we should get them, he surprised me by telling me he had lined up two companies to come out and give us estimates.

It will be nice to have one less worry this season. :) Now hopefully this won't bankrupt us.
0 likes   

depotoo
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby depotoo » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:08 pm

wonderful t'bonz! know you will feel so much safer and after this year you will never have to worry about it again! knowing they are sitting there just waiting if needed is such a comfort for us.
0 likes   

flashflood
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#3 Postby flashflood » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:52 pm

You can add me to the list of Hurricane shutter owners. There is now way I can take another year of putting up those huge sheets of plywood again(some are warped) so today, I went to Lowes today to buy steel & aluminum shutters. While I was in the check out line, it was amazing how popular I became. Many people stopped by to check out or ask me about the shutters that I had neatly piled on the cart. Glad I went now instead of waiting until June, could be quite a few people buying them when Hurricane season starts.

I already feel so much better having them sitting my the garage, and I have not even insalled them yet!.
0 likes   

T'Bonz
Category 1
Category 1

#4 Postby T'Bonz » Sun May 01, 2005 12:05 am

Quite a few around here have got them this year.

We have to get approval from our homeowner's association :roll: because we might pollute the aesthetics of our hivemind community and it'll take six weeks 'til the company can put them up for us.

Not bad, takes us right up to the beginning or just after the beginning of hurricane season.

Glad my husband finally saw the light, hurricane season will be less worrisome for me now. :)
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Preparation”