Live or Work in Boca?

This will be the place to find all your hurricane prep information. Whether it be preparing your home, family, pets or evacuation plans here is where to find the information you need.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

BocaGirl
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Live or Work in Boca?

#1 Postby BocaGirl » Thu May 19, 2005 10:49 am

2005 promises to be a long hurricane season. You can watch and wait (in some cases, hope) a storm comes our way, or you can get yourself prepared so that no matter what happens you're ready.

If you live or work in Boca Raton, why not join the next CERT class on Wednesday, May 25. CERT, short for Community Emergency Response Team, is a nine-week course taught by qualified instructors at the Boca Raton Fire Administration Building on Glades Road. You'll learn how to care for yourself, your family, neighbors and community during the next hurricane or disaster. Most classes are hands-on and include topics like fire suppression and light search and rescue. The entire program, including gear and supplies, is free.

After graduation, Boca offers continuing education and lots of opportunities for CERT participation. Over 100 CERT members in 16 city teams assisted the Fire Department after Hurricanes Frances and Jean in 2004. The only downside to CERT training? You'll have to leave your computer and Storm2k!

Learn more at http://www.ci.boca-raton.fl.us/fire/FRS ... llpage.htm (scroll down and click the CERT link on the left side of the page). Register for CERT training by calling Debra White-Cholak at 367-6749. Feel free to PIM me here at Storm2K for more information.

BocaGirl
Barbara
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby mf_dolphin » Thu May 19, 2005 11:28 am

Thanks for posting that! Hopefully people will take advantage of the opportunity. :-)
0 likes   

BocaGirl
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby BocaGirl » Thu May 19, 2005 1:37 pm

[quote="mf_dolphin"]Thanks for posting that! Hopefully people will take advantage of the opportunity. :-)[/quote]

Oh you're welcome. It's all so much fun! On May 7 we took a group down to Tropical Park in Miami for a great event- a drill that simulated a Terrorist attack complete with bombs, flashing lights, live fire - you name it! Saturday Boca's running a chain saw class. Good for me, since I'm so tentative with my chain saw. The point is that you can be as involved as you want.

BocaGirl
Barbara
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Preparation”