Shutter in Broward County??? What does everyone think?

This will be the place to find all your hurricane prep information. Whether it be preparing your home, family, pets or evacuation plans here is where to find the information you need.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Canehater
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Shutter in Broward County??? What does everyone think?

#1 Postby Canehater » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:48 pm

Will this be a storm that will require those of us in Broward to put our shutters up?
0 likes   

Windtalker1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby Windtalker1 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:19 am

This mornings paper (sun-sential) states with the fast moving system like wilma could be, if it his around Naples at 130mph and comes across moving 18mph, they feel it will not lose much strength. We here in Broward County can see winds 100mph + I not waiting till Friday. Shutters going up today...all but 1 panel per window.
0 likes   

hiflyer
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby hiflyer » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:11 pm

To refresh an older topic....yes this was a storm that needed shutters. Large amount of debris got loose during the storm. Just coughed up $2500 and put in the perm steel folding shutters on all windows and sliders...takes 5 seconds a window to close and lock...but after living down here since 85 Wilma finally made me a believer as I watched the siding and roofing come off my neighbors and in my direction...more than one piece hit but I was lucky. Not to mention fencing and tree limbs.... It really isn't the wind per se...it's the crap it picks up that seriously threatened the integrity of my home and ultimately my life...and the flying stuff included quickie plywood shutters off the neighbors... :eek:

So I am a new member of the 'living in a cave' club...oh well. :roll:
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Preparation”