Does anybody know where I can get some old-style h-headers?

This will be the place to find all your hurricane prep information. Whether it be preparing your home, family, pets or evacuation plans here is where to find the information you need.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

DanKellFla
Category 5
Category 5

Does anybody know where I can get some old-style h-headers?

#1 Postby DanKellFla » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:25 am

I have hurricane panels from the previous owner. The attachment system for them consists of threadrod sticking out of the wall. It is very time-consuming to put up the shutters. I was looking around for some h-header tracks, but I can't find any that will fit my circa 1992 hurricane panels. I live in Palm Beach County. Does anybody know where I can find some h-headers that would fit my old aluminum hurricane panels?
Thanks
0 likes   

wayoutfront

#2 Postby wayoutfront » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:39 am

Try Hialeah Aluminum products . ....

in HIALEAH :D
0 likes   

Recurve
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Recurve » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:54 am

Broward Hurricane makes tracks and panels, but if they're the really old ones, you might not find an H-header that small. The ones I bought at Lowe's in Broward are deeper than the old style.

Dixie Aluminum and hardware in Tavernier (Florida Keys) had a small cache of old-style tracks last time I was down there. Might want to give them a call -- 305-852-5104. Maybe you can compare measurements and get something shipped.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Preparation”