Wayne Dalton Fabric Shield

This will be the place to find all your hurricane prep information. Whether it be preparing your home, family, pets or evacuation plans here is where to find the information you need.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

"Ice"
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Wayne Dalton Fabric Shield

#1 Postby "Ice" » Mon May 15, 2006 3:24 pm

They are replacements for plywood on the windows during a hurricane.
On this site, there is also a video you can check out. I know Pensacola, Fla. has them but I didn't check where else.
http://www.wayne-dalton.com/Fabric-Shield.asp
0 likes   

DanKellFla
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby DanKellFla » Mon May 15, 2006 6:12 pm

My friend has them. If I remember correctly, they are better than plywood but not as good as storm panels or accordian shutters. There is a lot of flex to the shield. If the shield gets hit by a large enough object, your window will still break. The good news is that the shield will keep out the rain and wind. They set up very quickly and store nicely.
0 likes   

"Ice"
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#3 Postby "Ice" » Mon May 15, 2006 7:12 pm

DanKellFla wrote:My friend has them. If I remember correctly, they are better than plywood but not as good as storm panels or accordian shutters. There is a lot of flex to the shield. If the shield gets hit by a large enough object, your window will still break. The good news is that the shield will keep out the rain and wind. They set up very quickly and store nicely.
Thanks for the info. A friend of my sisters works and Wayne Dalton and she has some to test out.
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#4 Postby CajunMama » Mon May 15, 2006 10:50 pm

It looks like banner material. Hmmmm.....i have a sign shop! I might have to try out the banner material.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Preparation”