Are we prepared?

This will be the place to find all your hurricane prep information. Whether it be preparing your home, family, pets or evacuation plans here is where to find the information you need.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

beachbum_al
Category 5
Category 5

Are we prepared?

#1 Postby beachbum_al » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:21 am

With something brewing in the tropics I was wondering how many of us are prepared for the season. I know all the hype and talk but are we.

I have the generator up and running so all we have to do is move it and start it.

I have a place to go if I need to leave.

I have a second plan if the first plan doesn't work out.

Someone will know where I am.

The hardest thing is that if I have to leave with the girls my husband can't leave because of his job. That will be the hardest thing is knowing that he is down here in harm's way. But we both have talked about it and our first concern is the girls.

We have plywood already pulled out and easy to get to. All we have to do is put it up.

So yes I think I am ready. I have all the papers and insurance stuff in the safe. We have back ups for the unfortunate. I have pictures of all of the stuff in the house and back yard.

The main thing will be getting all of the meds filled since both me and my husband have chronic disorders. He is diabetic and I have crohn's and depression associated with the crohn's. I always get a month supply extra doing hurricane season. My husband takes like four pills for the diabetes so he has to have that stuff.

And don't forget the pet. Bo goes with my husband to City Hall. Just imagine a 90lb lab. Good thing he is a big baby with a heart of gold.
0 likes   

Jagno
Category 3
Category 3

#2 Postby Jagno » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:00 am

beachbum_al, Sounds like a plan to me. I've been in your shoes. You will be just fine as long as you stay strong and get those girls out early when/if it threatens your area. The lab will be spoiled rotten by the time it's all over. LOL
0 likes   

beachbum_al
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby beachbum_al » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:06 pm

He is already spoiled rotten so I hate to see what he would be like afterwards. :cheesy:
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Preparation”