storm2ker's helping storm2k'ers

This will be the place to find all your hurricane prep information. Whether it be preparing your home, family, pets or evacuation plans here is where to find the information you need.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

jusforsean
Category 1
Category 1

storm2ker's helping storm2k'ers

#1 Postby jusforsean » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:54 am

i know i saw a thread that asked for peoples phone numbers last year i am guessing so someone can check on them in severe weather conditions etc...? Is that still going on? Where can people update thier info this season? Also, how about this thread staying open for storm2k'ers to be able to post before, during and after a storm any questions or assistance they may need. Therefore a fellow storm2ker who might know or live near by or be able to offer a resourse can offer assistance. A fellow storm2ker can post any resorse they might have that might be able to help a fellow storm2ker. Its all too often that someone says after all is said and done that they couldnt or didnt or didnt have any help and its those people you see on the news and think if only I could have helped them before or perhaps after. Just a thought. :D
0 likes   

Aquawind
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby Aquawind » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:52 am

I am not sure about a thread showing personal member information to the public. Overall participation would be minimal as many people would be apprehensive to give that information out in public view.

We do have a Preparation and Recovery forums for getting help before and after the storms because when the storm is brewing this place gets pretty fast paced and many threads get burried quick. I would think a thread related to each storm in those forums would be good.

I agree communication is important! 8-)
0 likes   

bevgo
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby bevgo » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:05 am

Check the preperation forum. There is a contact information subject stickied. That's where you can update your information I think.

I would not want all my info posted for the whole world to see. I truse some on this board but certainly not all--LOL
0 likes   

jusforsean
Category 1
Category 1

#4 Postby jusforsean » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:09 am

yeah good point i dont think people should post thier personal info either, just like if someone's grandma lives in a storms path and needs someone to help her put up shutters or check on her or whatever,
****mabey this should be moved to the prep forum moderators pls. thanks****
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#5 Postby vbhoutex » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:15 am

0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Preparation”