Good Article on Prepping your Home & Family for Evacuati

This will be the place to find all your hurricane prep information. Whether it be preparing your home, family, pets or evacuation plans here is where to find the information you need.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Jagno
Category 3
Category 3

Good Article on Prepping your Home & Family for Evacuati

#1 Postby Jagno » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:12 am

http://independencejournal.com/whatif08.htm

Although the meat and potatoes of this article on protecting your home and packing for an evac. are very good I do disagree with a few points he made.

His statement of "Texas did it better than Louisiana" was totally wrong in the case of Hurricane Rita, which this entire article is based on.

I would NOT recommend trying to "Beat the Feet", boating or cycle to my bug out location due to extreme heat. First of all he correctly summarized the 100+ degrees that we suffered during the evacuation in the beginning, then tells you that if traffic moves too slow to walk or use a bike. Not very bright IMO since you need to travel 100's of miles to escape a Hurricane the size of Rita or worse. I evacuated over 200 miles from home and still experienced tornadoes from the hurricane. Does he even own a boat? If so then he would realize that no one in their right mind gets on these rough waters for days preceeding a cane in the Gulf close enough to be landfalling to call for an evacuation.

JMHO
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Preparation”