Louisiana residents-need evac advice from you

This will be the place to find all your hurricane prep information. Whether it be preparing your home, family, pets or evacuation plans here is where to find the information you need.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

lido
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Louisiana residents-need evac advice from you

#1 Postby lido » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:41 pm

I'm thinking of making reservations just in case (cancellation policy permitting!), but I don't want to drive all the way to Shreveport again-too far!

I was looking at Lafayete or Opelousas, but I'm not familiar with those areas-would they be potentially safe places to evac to?

I realize that the storm could travel that way, but I'm just looking for something safer than New Orleans in its current condition.

Thanks!
0 likes   

Jagno
Category 3
Category 3

#2 Postby Jagno » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:55 pm

That is not wise. Please find a location NORTH not west. I made reservations in Shreveport yesterday morning. I have until 4pm the day of arrival to cancel. The deluxe suites with kitchens ran me $129 per night. About 30 minutes after receiving my confirmation they called to tell me that they'd just received a memo that the room rates had increased to $189 and cancellations had to be made 72 hours in advance. I reminded her that I really hate businesses who try to gouge hurricane victims in their time of need. I also told her that I had a written confirmation and they would honor every word of it or my attorney can show them what gouging really is. :grr:
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Preparation”