Another one bites the dust (insurance)

This will be the place to find all your hurricane prep information. Whether it be preparing your home, family, pets or evacuation plans here is where to find the information you need.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

StrongWind
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Another one bites the dust (insurance)

#1 Postby StrongWind » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:56 am

My mother recently received a notice of cancellation by Florida Select. It appears they are currently in receivership :(
0 likes   

loro-rojo
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#2 Postby loro-rojo » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:41 am

Yep.. they are out of business. THey cancelled my policy and my moms. We live in Broward county..
0 likes   

Incident_MET
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#3 Postby Incident_MET » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:41 am

Vanguard just went into receivership as well...affected a lot of folks including me.
0 likes   

flightwxman
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#4 Postby flightwxman » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:13 am

When these companies go out of business, they just cancel your insurance just like that and leave you hanging?? No advice or suggestions on where else to go? And you lose all the money you invested as well?

And are they allowed to do that right before the start of the season??

Now Im all worried...
0 likes   

flashflood
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#5 Postby flashflood » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:52 pm

Last year the insurance company I had went out of business and the State insurance (Citizens) took over my policy. Several other people I know ended up with the State coverage after their insurance companies closed down.

Just a few days ago, I received a letter from the State (Citizens) telling me I need to find an insurance carrier before my policy expires. Well, the problem is all of the other insurance companies the I got quotes from are Much higher than what the State is charging, and for the same coverage.

If anyone got a new policy that is better than Citizens, please let me know what company that is. Otherwise I will re-apply for another policy with Citizens.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Preparation”