Solar lights

This will be the place to find all your hurricane prep information. Whether it be preparing your home, family, pets or evacuation plans here is where to find the information you need.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

MomH
Category 1
Category 1

Solar lights

#1 Postby MomH » Fri May 04, 2007 7:52 pm

A friend sent this to me. It is not something I had thought of so thought I'd pass it on

"I have solar yard lights that I picked up at a yard sale for when the power goes off. They can sit in a sunny window in my bedroom once an alert is given to be ready to use in case we lose power but don't have to evacuate. I have some small flowerpots filled with sand to stand the lights in. This way, I don't have to worry about keeping enough batteries on hand or use dangerous candles. "
0 likes   

DanKellFla
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby DanKellFla » Sat May 05, 2007 3:31 am

I have used them before as nightlights. They don't make a lot of light, but they make enough light to make the kids feel comfortable at nighttime.
0 likes   

LJR
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#3 Postby LJR » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:26 pm

My sister ordered and received a sidewalk type solar light but you can move it around. It must be about 6 or 7 feet tall!!!

She bought it for good light to put near the swimming pool where needed.. but plans to use it for hurricane light too!! They look so nice that she may order another one if this one works good.
0 likes   

dizzyfish
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby dizzyfish » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:45 am

Hey MomH hadn't thought about that. What a great idea! Thanks.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Preparation”