Notice of Non-Renewal

This will be the place to find all your hurricane prep information. Whether it be preparing your home, family, pets or evacuation plans here is where to find the information you need.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Aquawind
Category 5
Category 5

#21 Postby Aquawind » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:56 am

After reading through and talking with the Agent I am going with the Citizen's plan. The Palm program is for newer homes and thus they surcharge homes older than ~10 years. The Citizen's plan does not cover dog bites though. I am not blaming my agent for Allstate's actions but he is still going to lose my Auto insurance.
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#22 Postby chadtm80 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:54 am

[quote="wxman57"]I think we'll see a lot more insurance companies pulling out of hurricane-prone areas like Florida in the coming years. Duting the last active cycle in the Atlantic, Florida was hit by 12 major hurricanes in 25 years. The east coast tends to get hit a lot more in the current pattern as well. Insurance companies are a business like any other, they exist to make money. There will be tremendous losses across Florida northward up the east coast in the coming decades, and across the Gulf coast as well. Since the insurance companies cannot afford to pay out more than they take in, they're pulling out of high-risk areas. Except for significantly increasing your insurance rates, what else can they do to turn a profit?[/quote]
Open up a differnt buisness.. :-)
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Preparation”