Wave E of the Leewards

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
ronjon
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Interesting developments E of the Leewards

#121 Postby ronjon » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:32 am

If the convection persists today look for this to become 91L. Of all the systems so far this year, this one and the synoptic setup could be the biggest threat to the greater antilles, Bahamas, and SE US. It will tuck itself under the ridge in the western Atlantic and generally move W-NW from this point over the next 4-5 days.
0 likes   

punkyg
Category 2
Category 2

#122 Postby punkyg » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:34 am

Man Gusty i didn't know this wave had a low. :D exciting!
So right now is the wave moving west? or westnorth west? i need to know. now that it looks better i think its time for us to start guessing, when it will be declared an invest. i think maybe later today, tomorrow,
or tuesday. i have to say if it can keep most of its convection it would be an invest today, but i would have to go with tomorrow.

:) :D :lol: :cheesy:
0 likes   

HURAKAN
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#123 Postby HURAKAN » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:37 am

ronjon wrote:If the convection persists today look for this to become 91L. Of all the systems so far this year, this one and the synoptic setup could be the biggest threat to the greater antilles, Bahamas, and SE US. It will tuck itself under the ridge in the western Atlantic and generally move W-NW from this point over the next 4-5 days.

Or 92L because the system SW of the CV Islands already has the floater over it but has not been called an invest. I believe that your analysis is true and that's why it's very important to keep an eye on it. Yesterday we talked about persistance and the system has persisted already ~24 hrs. Surely something that has to be watched.
0 likes   

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#124 Postby Gustywind » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:40 am

Latest sat pic from Meteo-France 8am, looking nice :
http://www.meteo.fr/temps/domtom/antill ... Tagant.jpg :wink:
0 likes   

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#125 Postby Gustywind » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:44 am

ronjon wrote:
If the convection persists today look for this to become 91L. Of all the systems so far this year, this one and the synoptic setup could be the biggest threat to the greater antilles, Bahamas, and SE US. It will tuck itself under the ridge in the western Atlantic and generally move W-NW from this point over the next 4-5 days.

Hurakan wrote:
Or 92L because the system SW of the CV Islands already has the floater over it but has not been called an invest. I believe that your analysis is true and that's why it's very important to keep an eye on it. Yesterday we talked about persistance and the system has persisted already ~24 hrs. Surely something that has to be watched.

Absolutely good analysis,persitence seems once more time the KEY FACTOR, but maybe a player for the next couple of days if if if it this trend continues....
0 likes   

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#126 Postby Gustywind » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:47 am

PUNKYG wrote:
Man Gusty i didn't know this wave had a low. exciting!
So right now is the wave moving west? or westnorth west? i need to know. now that it looks better i think its time for us to start guessing, when it will be declared an invest. i think maybe later today, tomorrow,
or tuesday. i have to say if it can keep most of its convection it would be an invest today, but i would have to go with tomorrow.

Yeah punky you have well resumed the synopsis, i'm agree with in all points of view ,i will say invest for tommorow. Seems that next week is open for buisness we could have 2 invests in the same as things are shaping up! :cheesy: :ggreen: :wink: :lol:
0 likes   

canes04
Category 1
Category 1

#127 Postby canes04 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:58 am

Vortex,
Good call on this wave/low.
Looks like development is possible and could be a threat to Fla & GOM next weekend.

The tropics are heating up, the next 6-8 weeks could be very active.
0 likes   

HURAKAN
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#128 Postby HURAKAN » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:23 am

91L is now the CV wave, so this should be 92L in a few more hours, I guess.

0 likes   

Buck
Category 5
Category 5

#129 Postby Buck » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:28 am

TWO has to say something about this at 11:30... they can't ignore it any longer.
0 likes   

HURAKAN
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#130 Postby HURAKAN » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:39 am

0 likes   

boca
Category 5
Category 5

#131 Postby boca » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:40 am

Will thet trough infuence the track of this wave.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#132 Postby cycloneye » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:40 am

Hmmm,Do I see some fanning of the clouds?
0 likes   

boca
Category 5
Category 5

#133 Postby boca » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:42 am

Looks like the trough is pulling it north somewhat around 25n.
0 likes   

HURAKAN
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#134 Postby HURAKAN » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:43 am

cycloneye wrote:Hmmm,Do I see some fanning of the clouds?

¡Esto se está cocinando!

This is cooking!
0 likes   

Sanibel
Category 5
Category 5

#135 Postby Sanibel » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:44 am

It does have a disturbed look. No surface activity yet, but that will probably follow. Where does it go?
0 likes   

Vortex
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#136 Postby Vortex » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:53 am

The GFS, NOGAPS, and NAM strengthen the ridge to the North and take this wave/low across the Leewards/PR and towards the Bahamas and florida over the next 3-5 days..This forecast seems reasonable given the synoptics in play...Also the consistency of the GFS for days on the track has not changed.

Note:As this system moves w/wnw and gets away from the influence of the trough to the north we should expect a continued increase in overall organization and a favorable upper-air pattern beginning Monday..
0 likes   

wzrgirl1
Category 5
Category 5

#137 Postby wzrgirl1 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:01 am

Vortex wrote:The GFS, NOGAPS, and NAM strengthen the ridge to the North and take this wave/low across the Leewards/PR and towards the Bahamas and florida over the next 3-5 days..This forecast seems reasonable given the synoptics in play...Also the consistency of the GFS for days on the track has not changed.

Note:As this system moves w/wnw and gets away from the influence of the trough to the north we should expect a continued increase in overall organization and a favorable upper-air pattern beginning Monday..

Hey Vortex,

Can u post the links to those models you speak of. Thanks!!
0 likes   

Vortex
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#138 Postby Vortex » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:01 am

Hi-Res Vis this morning indicating a MLC/LLC forming near 17N/57.5W....

There is also the Low noted in the TWD near 14N/57W..

Both are becoming clearly evident on Vis this morning...It will be interesting to follow which one takes over...

Either way looks like an active period of weather for the Leewards west to PR beginning tonight through Monday night...
0 likes   

ROCK
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#139 Postby ROCK » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:21 am

Vortex wrote:Hi-Res Vis this morning indicating a MLC/LLC forming near 17N/57.5W....

There is also the Low noted in the TWD near 14N/57W..

Both are becoming clearly evident on Vis this morning...It will be interesting to follow which one takes over...

Either way looks like an active period of weather for the Leewards west to PR beginning tonight through Monday night...

I think your right....it does look like a MLC or LLC has formed. You san start to see some outflow..

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/carb/loop-vis.html

http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/tropic/real- ... g8dvg.html

good upper level divergence and some low level convergence....shear is not to bad. This one could get interestig for FL people. GFS show a weakness riding up into the BA and into FL but does not close off the low.
0 likes   

storms in NC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#140 Postby storms in NC » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:27 am

I had seen this morning. Maybe it can come to see Us in NC to being us rain. Gabby sure isn't going to give us any.
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”