Texas Members Check In

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
GalvestonDuck
Category 5
Category 5
Location: Galveston, oh Galveston (And yeah, it's a barrier island. Wanna make something of it?)

#21 Postby GalvestonDuck » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:13 pm

New news footage you have to see to believe.

Go to http://www.click2houston.com , scroll down to the article that says "Claudette leaves mark on coastal cities," then click on the video link labeled "Claudette Tosses Garage, Smashes Trailer." If the video link isn't there, click on the article link. Within the article, they are archiving the videos.
0 likes   

galvbay
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

I-10--Lake Charles to Houston today

#22 Postby galvbay » Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:01 pm

We just got in from the Lake Charles LA area back to Clear Lake. We drove by the Clear Lake park and the tide looks to be 2-3' above norm. The entire parking lot is under water. Lots of small branches and some larger ones on the ground. Rain gauge has right at 1" at this time. Looks like the Clear Lake area will miss the blunt of this one. I'm curious about Port Lavaca and area.
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#23 Postby wx247 » Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:06 pm

Are any of our wxbuddies down around Pt. Lavaca, Pt.O'Connor?
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#24 Postby Lindaloo » Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:42 pm

Garrett I have a friend down there and my best friends family is there in Palacios. Have received no word about them or from them since last night.
0 likes   

Rainband

#25 Postby Rainband » Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:34 pm

Lindaloo wrote:Garrett I have a friend down there and my best friends family is there in Palacios. Have received no word about them or from them since last night.
Lindaloo I am praying for your friends..I am sure they are ok..there has been some power outages and telephone probs!!! :wink:
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#26 Postby Lindaloo » Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:44 pm

I just saw some of the damage on ABC news. It is bad down there. One man lost his apartment and is now living out of his suitcase. Alot of people thought the storm was going to come inland this evening and when they got up to leave this morning it was too late. Alot of mobile homes damaged or destroyed. It is just awful.

Thanks for the report Johnathan. I believe they are safe and hopefully have not suffered any damage.
0 likes   

Houstonia
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Sharpstown, Houston, Harris County, Southeast Texas.

Portastorm...

#27 Postby Houstonia » Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:51 pm

... please let us know how things are in Central Texas, okay?

Be safe...
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#28 Postby wx247 » Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:53 pm

Sorry to hear that Linda. I hoping the best for your friends.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

GalvestonDuck
Category 5
Category 5
Location: Galveston, oh Galveston (And yeah, it's a barrier island. Wanna make something of it?)

#29 Postby GalvestonDuck » Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:45 pm

My sentiments mirror those above. Please let us know how they are, Linda. My thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by this storm. I've seen the news and it is devastating.

And thanks to all those who prayed and hoped for the best for the Hou/Galvers, when we thought it might be us. Your support, your thoughts, and your wise weather knowledge gave us fortitude and courage. You guys are a blessing. It's great to be able to come here and learn instead of weeding through trolling posts and arguments. To all the moderators -- thanks for the great job.
0 likes   

Air Force Met
Military Met
Military Met

#30 Postby Air Force Met » Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:50 am

Checking In:

I lost my mailbox...but that's all. We got 44kts here at work, I got 45 kts at home. I suspect it was a little higher but my anemometer was a little shielded and they got a little higher winds across the street...but 45 kts confirmed.

Down the coast near Port O'Conner there was a sustained wind at 95 with a gust to 111. I would say she was a CAT 2...especially with a 979 pressure prior to landfall. One things for sure...we better be glad she didn't linger over the water another 24 hours with the way she was organizing in the upper levels prior to and at landfall.
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#31 Postby Lindaloo » Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:40 am

I saw some of the damage on TV and it looks like the same type damage we had after Georges. It may have possibly been a CAT 2 in some areas, but they are still insisting that Claudette was a CAT 1.
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”