Tropical wave introduced SW of cape verde islands

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Tropical wave introduced SW of cape verde islands

#1 Postby cycloneye » Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:10 pm

That area of deep convection that we are watching for a couple of days off africa now at 30w has been introduced by TPC at the 2:05 discussion.It has a broad turning and it is starting to have some banding too so this system has to be watched to see what it does but we are getting closer to the prime of the season and I think that the CV season will be more active than in the past 3 years.

Chad you can draw a circule on this one when you update the maps.

http://wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/ge ... olor=white
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

#2 Postby Guest » Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:22 pm

Come on Erika.
0 likes   

Johnny
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Johnny » Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:31 pm

Looks pretty healthy to me. Will this one make it into the Carribean or head out to sea?
If you look over the African Continent, a few more blobs will be rolling off into the Atlantic before too long. Man 'O Man.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#4 Postby cycloneye » Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:58 pm

Latest ir imagery suggests that it has organized further and IMO looks almost like a TD.Clearly it has a mid circulation but is it have a surface one is the question.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby chadtm80 » Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:10 pm

Wow maybe td5 and td6 at the same time??? This system looks the best out of the cv systems thus far imo.. Held its convection the longest anyways

0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby wx247 » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:06 pm

Yes, it is the first one (to my knowledge anyways) that has held together. It needs to be monitored. Looks organized, but I agree with Luis: is there a surface and when or will it form?
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

ColdFront77

#7 Postby ColdFront77 » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:15 pm

It has the "look" for potential development. It looks like the system east of Bermuda as more circulation than the one west of the Africa.

At this time, I think Danny will be the system east of Bermuda. Would be nice, too. :)
Last edited by ColdFront77 on Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#8 Postby southerngale » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:18 pm

Wow....is this the same one we watched emerge off of Africa a few days ago when Claudette was still deciding exactly where to make landfall?
Last edited by southerngale on Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

Rainband

#9 Postby Rainband » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:34 pm

Wow looks impressive!!!!!! :wink:
0 likes   

Colin
Category 5
Category 5

#10 Postby Colin » Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:36 pm

Wow...it does look impressive. My Gosh...what a season! :o
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”