11 AM EDT advisory:Danny now increases winds to 65 mph

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
cycloneye
Admin
Admin

11 AM EDT advisory:Danny now increases winds to 65 mph

#1 Postby cycloneye » Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:42 am

http://www.tormenta.net/frame_page.asp? ... pt35us.htm

It is almost a hurricane now but if it reaches hurricane status it will be for a brief time.

Wow if it becomes a hurricane we are on a very fast pace with 2 hurricanes formed before august arrives.Anyone has stats about how many hurricanes formed in a season before august?
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Air Force Met
Military Met
Military Met

#2 Postby Air Force Met » Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:58 am

So much for the first forecast that kept it a TD the entire time.
0 likes   

TAFBforecaster

#3 Postby TAFBforecaster » Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:39 pm

Danny looks good.
0 likes   

JetMaxx

#4 Postby JetMaxx » Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:39 pm

TAFBforecaster wrote:Danny looks good.

Danny looks good to you huh? Uh-oh...code hotpink alert for everyone between Bermuda and the Azores....CODE HOTPINK!! A code hotpink alert for all boats, ships, birds, and flying fish :D
0 likes   

JetMaxx

#5 Postby JetMaxx » Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:45 pm

Luis, just off the top of my head....I know there were three hurricanes in July 1916, all three hit the U.S. (one a cat-3); and two hurricanes in July 1959 (Cindy and Debra--both hit the U.S.).

PW
0 likes   

GalvestonDuck
Category 5
Category 5
Location: Galveston, oh Galveston (And yeah, it's a barrier island. Wanna make something of it?)

#6 Postby GalvestonDuck » Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:58 pm

Perry, I used to have your weather site bookmarked on my old, now defunct, computer. I think I read somewhere that you don't have that anymore? Darn.

You're a wealth of hurricane knowledge -- both historical and forecasting. Your posts from the previous seasons at GoPBI, as well as here, along with the rest of you guys, have taught me a lot. Not sure if you remember, but you were one of the first to reply to me on GoPBI when I was a complete newbie to hurricane watching and I asked what "SST's" were that people kept referring to. I thought about that last night when I was talking to someone about stuff that I've learned here.

Thanks! :D
0 likes   

JetMaxx

#7 Postby JetMaxx » Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:32 pm

You're welcome Galveston Duck. Thank you so very much for the kind words. :)

May God bless,
Perry
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”