JB - GOM Again

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
KatDaddy
Category 5
Category 5

JB - GOM Again

#1 Postby KatDaddy » Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:26 am

Excerpt from Joe B thanks to DESTRUCTION over at GoPBi

But it may be something where the development could be set off by the trof and then it reacts by coming further west. The initial speculation on this worried about the east coast, but if something did develop its just as likely to come back into the gulf, or go into central America if development is at low enough latitudes.

I find myself thinking, this is crazy, its July , you cant go to the well again this month. I will tell you this, if it were August I would be chomping at the bit. See the tropical outlook for visual representation of this possibility.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

#2 Postby Guest » Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:45 am

Is it crazy - in a normal year yes - it would be - but this year isn't normal - so with the wave in the eastern caribbean and 97L invest - anything is possible.

keep your eyes on the tropics folks....

patricia
0 likes   

PTrackerLA
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby PTrackerLA » Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:03 am

We will certainly have to keep our eyes on it. The tropics just are giving us a break this year!
0 likes   

Colin
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby Colin » Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:59 am

PTrackerLA wrote:We will certainly have to keep our eyes on it. The tropics just are giving us a break this year!

And I don't think they will for most of the season....
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”