Tropical Wave in BOC (Is Invest 99L)

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
caneman

Tropical Wave in BOC (Is Invest 99L)

#1 Postby caneman » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:47 am

Not sure what this feature is tied to or if any model support but there is a nice blow up in the West Carib. We'll need to see if it can maintain itself. Thoughts on this??
0 likes   

caneman

Re: Nice Blow Up in the Western Caribbean

#2 Postby caneman » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:51 am

Looking at the West Caribbean Satellite, the Caribbean and West Atlantic sure look juiced so maybe soon we'll get something soon.
0 likes   

Sanibel
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Sanibel » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:16 pm

Another 2013 wave flaring-up and trying to get us to bite IMO. Almost all of these prospects have been shear-induced.

It does have red IR though and might get over the hurdle. Who knows. Anything can happen during prime time. Especially in the west Caribbean.
0 likes   

hurricanes1234
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby hurricanes1234 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:05 pm

OTHER SYSTEMS WITH FORMATION POTENTIAL BEYOND 48 HOURS...

A TROPICAL WAVE IS FORECAST TO MOVE ACROSS THE YUCATAN PENINSULA AND INTO THE BAY OF CAMPECHE IN A COUPLE OF DAYS WHERE ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED TO BECOME MARGINALLY FAVORABLE FOR DEVELOPMENT. THIS SYSTEM HAS A LOW CHANCE...NEAR 0 PERCENT...OF BECOMING A TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS...AND A LOW CHANCE...20 PERCENT...OF BECOMING A TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 5 DAYS...AS IT MOVES WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 10 MPH.
0 likes   
PLEASE NOTE: With the exception of information from weather agencies that I may copy and paste here, my posts will NEVER be official, since I am NOT a meteorologist. They are solely my amateur opinion, and may or may not be accurate. Therefore, please DO NOT use them as official details, particularly when making important decisions. Thank you.

ninel conde
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby ninel conde » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:32 pm

i give it a better chance than 97. if it can get into the BOC it will find good conditions.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

hurricanes1234
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#6 Postby hurricanes1234 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:08 pm

ninel conde wrote:i give it a better chance than 97. if it can get into the BOC it will find good conditions.

It might be able to develop into a weak and compact system like Fernand.

Personal Forecast Disclaimer: The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
0 likes   
PLEASE NOTE: With the exception of information from weather agencies that I may copy and paste here, my posts will NEVER be official, since I am NOT a meteorologist. They are solely my amateur opinion, and may or may not be accurate. Therefore, please DO NOT use them as official details, particularly when making important decisions. Thank you.

ninel conde
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Re:

#7 Postby ninel conde » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:28 pm

hurricanes1234 wrote:
ninel conde wrote:i give it a better chance than 97. if it can get into the BOC it will find good conditions.

It might be able to develop into a weak and compact system like Fernand.

Personal Forecast Disclaimer: The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

very possible.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: Nice Blow Up in the Western Caribbean: 0%-20%

#8 Postby cycloneye » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:37 pm

A TROPICAL WAVE OVER THE NORTHWESTERN CARIBBEAN SEA IS FORECAST TO
MOVE ACROSS THE YUCATAN PENINSULA AND INTO THE BAY OF CAMPECHE IN A
COUPLE OF DAYS WHERE ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED TO
BECOME MARGINALLY FAVORABLE FOR DEVELOPMENT. THIS SYSTEM HAS A LOW
CHANCE...NEAR 0 PERCENT...OF BECOMING A TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE
NEXT 48 HOURS...AND A LOW CHANCE...20 PERCENT...OF BECOMING A
TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 5 DAYS...AS IT MOVES
WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 10 MPH.

0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

ninel conde
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby ninel conde » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:53 pm

i think it will be the next storm.
0 likes   

hurricanes1234
Category 5
Category 5

#10 Postby hurricanes1234 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:05 pm

What are the chances of this system becoming like Lorenzo 2007 or Stan 2005?

0 likes   

ninel conde
Category 5
Category 5

#11 Postby ninel conde » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:53 pm

most likely will be weak if it develops. lots of land to deal with.
0 likes   

ROCK
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#12 Postby ROCK » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:22 pm

ninel conde wrote:most likely will be weak if it develops. lots of land to deal with.

Huh? The Boc rocks as far as developing systems. Might need to check guidance...
0 likes   

LaBreeze
Category 5
Category 5

#13 Postby LaBreeze » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:52 am

ROCK wrote:
ninel conde wrote:most likely will be weak if it develops. lots of land to deal with.

Huh? The Boc rocks as far as developing systems. Might need to check guidance...

Agreed, the BOC develops systems for sure this season, but so close to land - almost sort of odd it seems.
0 likes   

ninel conde
Category 5
Category 5

#14 Postby ninel conde » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:10 am

ROCK wrote:

i said back in july the BOC was the place to be but it still has alot of land to deal with.
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#15 Postby tolakram » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:35 am

ninel conde wrote: i said back in july the BOC was the place to be but it still has alot of land to deal with.

What track is this expected to take? It has as much lad to deal with as every other storm that develops in the BOC.
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

ninel conde
Category 5
Category 5

#16 Postby ninel conde » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:57 am

tolakram wrote:
ninel conde wrote: i said back in july the BOC was the place to be but it still has alot of land to deal with.

What track is this expected to take? It has as much lad to deal with as every other storm that develops in the BOC.

not at all. if it goes over the northern tip of the yucatan less land, more water. south, more land, less water.
0 likes   

galaxy401
Category 5
Category 5

#17 Postby galaxy401 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:42 pm

A TROPICAL WAVE LOCATED OVER THE EASTERN YUCATAN PENINSULA AND
BELIZE IS MOVING WESTWARD AT ABOUT 10 MPH. THIS SYSTEM IS EXPECTED
TO MOVE INTO THE BAY OF CAMPECHE LATE TUESDAY...WHERE SOME
DEVELOPMENT IS POSSIBLE AROUND MIDWEEK. THIS SYSTEM HAS A LOW
CHANCE...10 PERCENT...OF BECOMING A TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE
NEXT 48 HOURS...AND A MEDIUM CHANCE...30 PERCENT...OF BECOMING A
TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 5 DAYS.
0 likes   
Got my eyes on moving right into Hurricane Alley: Florida.

perk
Category 3
Category 3

#18 Postby perk » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:09 pm

ROCK wrote:

Rock any idea where this system may end up if it develops.
0 likes   

tailgater
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#19 Postby tailgater » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:16 pm

I see a weak spin over the north Central Yucatan peninsula. You probably won't be able to see it in a few hours, after the daytime heating.
Conditions of do look favorable for something to develop in the BOC or western Gulf with the upper low diving SW over NE Mexico.
Last edited by tailgater on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

CrazyC83
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#20 Postby CrazyC83 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:18 pm

Surprised they haven't called it 99L yet with the probs increasing...
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”