What name will the 2020 Atlantic hurricane season end on?

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K

What name will the 2020 season end on?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:16 pm

Alpha
No votes
Beta
No votes
Gamma
No votes
Delta
No votes
Epsilon
4%
Zeta
4%
Eta
7%
Theta
18%
Iota
14%
Kappa
21%
La(M)bda
13%
Mu
8%
Nu
3%
Xi
1%
Omicron
No votes
Pi
3%
Rho
No votes
Sigma
4%

Total votes: 72

Ryxn
Category 1
Category 1

Re: What name will the 2020 Atlantic hurricane season end on?

#41 Postby Ryxn » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:30 am

I just want to see the Atlantic get to Xi as there has never been an Atlantic storm starting with X before. Also the pronunciation would probably be devided with the most popular one being "zye" (rhyming with rye)

Tropical Storm Xi would just look so cool. But I'm gonna say the last storm will be Nu around New Years...but realistically expecting the season to end with Lambda. The next letter, Mu, would be the first Atlantic storm with less than 3 letters.
0 likes   

kevin
Category 5
Category 5

#42 Postby kevin » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:35 am

Back in September I voted for Lambda and now that we just had Iota and still have a few weeks to go I'm still sticking with that. Even though I think the most popular option of Kappa is also certainly a realistic possibility. In any other season I wouldn't predict 2 more storms this late in the season, but the conditions still seem quite conductive for development right now. I think even more than 2 storms are possible, but everything has to end at some point so I'm gonna go with 2 storms and then finally some rest until an off-season early storm in 2021...
2 likes   

Ryxn
Category 1
Category 1

#43 Postby Ryxn » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:39 am

Watch next year's early storm be in January...
:roll:
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”