New model info about ENSO shows that more models are neutral

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
cycloneye
Admin
Admin

New model info about ENSO shows that more models are neutral

#1 Postby cycloneye » Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:42 pm

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/ahead/ENSO-summary.shtml

Well rapidly this is my first post about ENSO after my computer crash for 3 weeks.

This is the latest model forecast for ENSO and it shows that more models are neutral and only 2 are still forecasting el nino until late spring.

This comfirms what TWW,Suprecane,Kevin and I haved said for a long time and that is el nino is not going to be a factor this comming season but instead neutral to a weak la nina will be present.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Anonymous

#2 Postby Anonymous » Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:15 pm

Chances are that El Nino will weaken faster than what the models are forecasting. The only model still forecasting warm conditions in September is the CPC model....which is one of the worst ENSO models.
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”