#7621 Postby floridasun78 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:18 pm

so may not happen that so far out 312 hour and so
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re:

#7622 Postby cycloneye » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:19 pm

TheStormExpert wrote:18z GFS still shows the idea of a late season intense hurricane getting pulled out of the W. Carribean and heading towards FL and the SE U.S. (Further west than 12z run though) in the extreme long range (384hrs.) on October 14th. Knowing how horrible the GFS has performed this season (especially in the W. Carribean and Tropical Atlantic region) I'm betting the storm (most likely a Phantom storm) will be dropped in a few runs at most. Still thought it was worth mentioning for the sake of it, and the fact that it's quite entertaining!

Well,I posted last Friday afternoon the beginning of GFS showing the SW Caribbean development (See graphic a few posts back) and two days later it is still with it,just saying. :) If the Euro begins to show it then it would be game on but until that happens if it does so,GFS is alone.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#7623 Postby TheStormExpert » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:19 pm

:uarrow: That's also 2 days before my birthday so that's why it also interest me. :D
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Re:

#7624 Postby TheStormExpert » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:21 pm

cycloneye wrote:
TheStormExpert wrote:18z GFS still shows the idea of a late season intense hurricane getting pulled out of the W. Carribean and heading towards FL and the SE U.S. (Further west than 12z run though) in the extreme long range (384hrs.) on October 14th. Knowing how horrible the GFS has performed this season (especially in the W. Carribean and Tropical Atlantic region) I'm betting the storm (most likely a Phantom storm) will be dropped in a few runs at most. Still thought it was worth mentioning for the sake of it, and the fact that it's quite entertaining!

Well,I posted last Friday afternoon the beginning of GFS showing the SW Caribbean development (See graphic a few posts back) and two days later it is still with it,just saying. :) If the Euro begins to show it then it would be game on but until that happens if it does so,GFS is alone.

That's interesting though because this mornings 6z run showed nothing more than only a weak low pressure in the SW Caribbean (384hrs. out) like it was advertising for days!

So it went from showing a weak low in the SW Caribbean on the 6z, to a full blown major hurricane hitting south Florida on 12z both 384hrs. out.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

Dean4Storms
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7625 Postby Dean4Storms » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:26 pm

cycloneye wrote:

Actually the ECM is hinting at lowering pressures down there as well in the 10-15. Saw JB post about it on twitter awhile ago.
0 likes   

WPBWeather
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7626 Postby WPBWeather » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:42 pm

Dean4Storms wrote:
cycloneye wrote:

Actually the ECM is hinting at lowering pressures down there as well in the 10-15. Saw JB post about it on twitter awhile ago.

The season will be over no sooner than the end of November (see disclaimer below). Not sure about what may happen in the meantime, but there is no El Nino in sight yet. Weather experts like K and G say we have dry sinking air--but can't say why we do or why many models and their earlier predictions went wrong. We seem to be at the limits of our current science and understanding of what we think we know about meteorology.

Until we know more, take your pick of the bloggers above about what may happen.
0 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#7627 Postby TheStormExpert » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:43 pm

Dean4Storms wrote:
cycloneye wrote:

Yep, here is his post on Twitter from a few hours ago if it's worth anything. :darrow:

‏@BigJoeBastardi
Mid October looks wild..major cold shot into western,perhaps central US, ECWMF has favorable tropical look for possible US problems in 10-15

5:33 PM - 28 Sep 2014
0 likes   

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Global Model Runs Discussion

#7628 Postby SFLcane » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:53 pm

quite the clustering in the western Caribbean sea on the GFS ensembles..

0 likes   

Yellow Evan
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#7629 Postby Yellow Evan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:02 pm

GFS does this every year. That's what actors do. They entertain.
0 likes   

blp
Category 5
Category 5

#7630 Postby blp » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:39 pm

The difference between the GFS and Euro is partly the MJO which the GFS forecasts to be favorable in the SW Carib. while the Euro keeps it away from the Atlantic. Hard to bite on the GFS even though it is in the right place and time of the year.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Hurricaneman
Category 5
Category 5

#7631 Postby Hurricaneman » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:46 pm

The 0zGFS starts lowering pressures around 192 and by 240 starts developing a closed low while its still far out it seems to be bringing development closer in time as opposed to farther in time and it does have some support from the euro 10 to 15 day and the Canadian a little so this might need to be watched in the coming week to see if the models jump aboard or the GFS drops it like a bad habit

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
0 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#7632 Postby TheStormExpert » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:59 am

Well the 06z GFS drops the idea of a major hurricane forming in the Western/SW Caribbean and now only shows a weak disorganized strung out Tropical Storm at best. :roll:

Might as well just kill off the GFS for the remainder of the season since it is a HUGE joke!
0 likes   

Fego
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7633 Postby Fego » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:00 am

Deja vu. It did the same with pouch 41L, bringing it to the Caribbean as a Cabo Verde low rider. There were so many runs that the time frame got to less than 120 hours. When models performance are evaluated, that include this kind of phantom runs?
0 likes   
Go Giants! Go Niners! Go Warriors!

Hurricaneman
Category 5
Category 5

#7634 Postby Hurricaneman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:03 am

The GFS seems as though its gone back to the old AVN days as far as performance goes which blows up even a cumulus cloud into a major hurricane and is even outdoing the Canadian model as far as phantom storms go
0 likes   

wyq614
Category 3
Category 3
Location: Beijing, China (Hometown: Qingdao, China, 36.06N 120.43E)

#7635 Postby wyq614 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:39 am

Anyway it has to be watched, remember that the water all the way from SW Caribbean to W Caribbean is completely untouched this season with probably high OHC. If it is to form something, it will be something very big with rapid development (something like Paloma 2008), even if the upper-level winds is not so favorable, or somehow marginally favorable, a gradual development is still logical.
0 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#7636 Postby TheStormExpert » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:28 pm

Now the 12z GFS shows a TC forming in the far Eastern Atlantic in the real long range. :lol:

I think it's time to officially ignore the GFS until it properly gets an upgrade that'll fix it, or until it can finally predict something and be right about it.

At this point I'm calling this season ALMOST officially dead! Time to start looking forward to what could be a interesting winter with the oncoming El Niño (especially for us here in the Southeast).
0 likes   

Frank2
Category 5
Category 5

#7637 Postby Frank2 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:45 pm

My guess in a few days the models will not show anything down there - anything over 144 hours is too far out to be reliable...
0 likes   

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#7638 Postby wxman57 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:27 pm

Frank2 wrote:My guess in a few days the models will not show anything down there - anything over 144 hours is too far out to be reliable...

Didn't even take that long. The 12Z GFS dropped the idea of a Caribbean storm.
0 likes   

WPBWeather
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#7639 Postby WPBWeather » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:02 pm

TheStormExpert wrote:Now the 12z GFS shows a TC forming in the far Eastern Atlantic in the real long range. :lol:

I think it's time to officially ignore the GFS until it properly gets an upgrade that'll fix it, or until it can finally predict something and be right about it.

At this point I'm calling this season ALMOST officially dead! Time to start looking forward to what could be a interesting winter with the oncoming El Niño (especially for us here in the Southeast).

What El Nino is that? :?:
0 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#7640 Postby TheStormExpert » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:33 pm

WPBWeather wrote:
TheStormExpert wrote:Now the 12z GFS shows a TC forming in the far Eastern Atlantic in the real long range. :lol:

What El Nino is that? :?:

Seriously? The El Niño that I'm talking about is the one forecasted to develop in the next several months. It's been advertised to develop at some point in 2014 since late last Fall. Even before then we were kind of overdue for another El Niño episode sooner or later. Even back in 2012 they originally forecasted for a below average hurricane season due to forecasters expecting an El Niño to form at some point during the 2012 season and we all know how big that busted.
0 likes   

Return to “2015”