Tropical Storm Grace

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
hurricanemike921
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

Tropical Storm Grace

#1 Postby hurricanemike921 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:41 pm

Few questions on this storm. Can you explain the eye that formed? The max sustained winds said 70mph, but could that have been a misjudgement? I believe it may have reached hurricane strength. Another thing is, was that rapid intesification? It was non-tropical 36 hrs ago, then it became an 80% chance of forming as if it were a pop up system. Lastly, I just wanted to point out if Grace were somehow not going to be absorbed, it would make landfall in Northern Europe breaking a record. Look at storm path on NHC website and satellite picture of EYE on wikipedia, "Atlantic Hurricane Season 2009" (search) look for GRACE at the bottom. BTW i am new :)
0 likes   
Hurricane Michael is coming your way- just not this year anyway :)

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”