Latest Joe B Perspective

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Blown Away
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Latest Joe B Perspective

#1 Postby Blown Away » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:27 pm

http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2012 ... his-summer

Good article, he always takes a subtle shot at the NHC guys! Funny.
0 likes   
Hurricane Eye Experience: David 79, Irene 99, Frances 04, Jeanne 04, Wilma 05...
Hurricane Brush Experience: Andrew 92, Erin 95, Floyd 99, Matthew 16, Irma 17, Ian 22, Nicole 22…

OuterBanker
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Latest Joe B Perspective

#2 Postby OuterBanker » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:45 pm

Yep, a fun read. Looks like his pursuit of anti global warming is taking precedent over his weather duties. I do miss all the time he used to spend informing us when he was with Accuweather. He and Ken used to broadcast a point-counterpoint that was worth the price of admission alone. And he would constantly update especially when there was a threat to the US. I did try WeatherBell for a time but just could not see that I got enough product for the price.

One other thing, I sure don't care for the map he posted :eek:
0 likes   

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby brunota2003 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:41 pm

They talk about the PDO flipping...obviously what affects the atmosphere is how the ocean currents and temps change. What affects the currents, though? Why not what happens underground? I bet they could find data showing that as the mantle moves around and changes, it has a direct impact on our surface world.
0 likes   
Just a small town southern boy helping other humans.

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”