Western Gulf of Mexico....

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Sanibel
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Western Gulf of Mexico....

#21 Postby Sanibel » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:53 pm

It looks interesting but the tropical conditions might not be strong enough.
0 likes   

tropicwatch
Category 5
Category 5

#22 Postby tropicwatch » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:01 pm

Large blow up of showers again this afternoon but a little further offshore this time.

0 likes   
Tropicwatch

Agnes 72', Eloise 75, Elena 85', Kate 85', Charley 86', Florence 88', Beryl 94', Dean 95', Erin 95', Opal 95', Earl 98', Georges 98', Ivan 2004', Arlene 2005', Dennis 2005', Ida 2009' Debby 2012' Irma 2017' Michael 2018'

Hurricaneman
Category 5
Category 5

#23 Postby Hurricaneman » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:03 pm

Probably too much shear in this area to develop anything more than a blob of thunderstorms, no tropical development from this I suspect

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products
0 likes   

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#24 Postby northjaxpro » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:06 pm

Hurricaneman wrote:Probably too much shear in this area to develop anything more than a blob of thunderstorms, no tropical development from this I suspect

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products

The environment is just unfavorable in the GOM right now with the shear.
0 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

tailgater
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#25 Postby tailgater » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:56 am

The western GOM is still full of moisture but no Low to speak of, although I do see a bit more curviture on the Hi Res visible.
lots of rain in south La. already. At least it's keeping the temps down.

http://weather.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/GOES1 ... RIlcmS.jpg
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

KimmieLa
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#26 Postby KimmieLa » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:50 pm

tailgater wrote:The western GOM is still full of moisture but no Low to speak of, although I do see a bit more curviture on the Hi Res visible.
lots of rain in south La. already. At least it's keeping the temps down.

http://weather.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/GOES1 ... RIlcmS.jpg

This afternoon we are watching the storms fire up again. Tornadoes and torrential rain in the Lake Charles area. Sometimes it feels a bit tropical out there, breezy. I am guessing shear has stopped anything from forming?

I am not a professional or amateur met, just love the weather.
0 likes   

tropicwatch
Category 5
Category 5

#27 Postby tropicwatch » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:01 pm

The wind shear has come down quite a bit.

0 likes   
Tropicwatch

Agnes 72', Eloise 75, Elena 85', Kate 85', Charley 86', Florence 88', Beryl 94', Dean 95', Erin 95', Opal 95', Earl 98', Georges 98', Ivan 2004', Arlene 2005', Dennis 2005', Ida 2009' Debby 2012' Irma 2017' Michael 2018'

Sanibel
Category 5
Category 5

#28 Postby Sanibel » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:26 pm

Still there but too weak.
0 likes   

Jagno
Category 3
Category 3

#29 Postby Jagno » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:56 pm

My home has taken on 2+" of water inside. My father's rain gauge 4 acres down maxed out at 10". I called my insurance company and they are classifying this as "tropical" flooding therefore we are all subject to the 4 1/2% deductible instead of our normal deductible. In my case it's a difference of $3,500 worth of deductible to meet before they pay one red cent on the damages. :( How convenient? Our road is still impassible by regular cars but I was able to get in with my SUV. The torrential rains have let up so the water is beginning to recede. Our restaurant is located on the waterfront and the biggest battle there today was all the snakes that came up from the rising bayou. The current is still horrible as we watch people docks, boats, jet skies and everything else not tied down come floating by. Oh, we did have 3 funnel clouds form that I know of. Not sure of any damages yet since I haven't watched any news.
0 likes   

AJC3
Admin
Admin

#30 Postby AJC3 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:30 pm

Jagno wrote:My home has taken on 2+" of water inside. My father's rain gauge 4 acres down maxed out at 10". I called my insurance company and they are classifying this as "tropical" flooding therefore we are all subject to the 4 1/2% deductible instead of our normal deductible. In my case it's a difference of $3,500 worth of deductible to meet before they pay one red cent on the damages. :( How convenient? Our road is still impassible by regular cars but I was able to get in with my SUV. The torrential rains have let up so the water is beginning to recede. Our restaurant is located on the waterfront and the biggest battle there today was all the snakes that came up from the rising bayou. The current is still horrible as we watch people docks, boats, jet skies and everything else not tied down come floating by. Oh, we did have 3 funnel clouds form that I know of. Not sure of any damages yet since I haven't watched any news.

This sounds REALLY SLEAZY on their part. If they can dictate this event as "tropical flooding", then, given your location, they could do it for almost ANY flood event in your area.

I'm curious as to the verbiage of your homeowners policy - if you haven't already done so, I would go over its declarations and definitions. You might be able to fight this if the definitions are not clear, since typically the stipulation for a hurricane or tropical deductible to kick in is that the NHC issues some sort of a watch or warning.
0 likes   

tropicwatch
Category 5
Category 5

#31 Postby tropicwatch » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:03 pm

Jagno wrote:My home has taken on 2+" of water inside. My father's rain gauge 4 acres down maxed out at 10". I called my insurance company and they are classifying this as "tropical" flooding therefore we are all subject to the 4 1/2% deductible instead of our normal deductible. In my case it's a difference of $3,500 worth of deductible to meet before they pay one red cent on the damages. :( How convenient? Our road is still impassible by regular cars but I was able to get in with my SUV. The torrential rains have let up so the water is beginning to recede. Our restaurant is located on the waterfront and the biggest battle there today was all the snakes that came up from the rising bayou. The current is still horrible as we watch people docks, boats, jet skies and everything else not tied down come floating by. Oh, we did have 3 funnel clouds form that I know of. Not sure of any damages yet since I haven't watched any news.

That is ludicrous. Can you say the word LAWYER? :D
0 likes   
Tropicwatch

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”