Tropical Wave East of Lesser Antilles

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: Tropical Wave WSW of CV Islands

#161 Postby cycloneye » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:11 am

Is not as hot as it as on Saturday.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#162 Postby Gustywind » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:24 am

TROPICAL WEATHER DISCUSSION
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
805 AM EDT SUN AUG 31 2014

AN ATLANTIC OCEAN TROPICAL WAVE IS ALONG 20N31W TO 15N33W...TO A
1013 MB LOW PRESSURE CENTER THAT IS NEAR 10N34W. THE WAVE IS
MOVING WESTWARD 10 TO 15 KNOTS. CONVECTIVE PRECIPITATION...
NUMEROUS STRONG FROM 10N TO 13N BETWEEN 35W AND 37W.
0 likes   

Sanibel
Category 5
Category 5

#163 Postby Sanibel » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:25 am

This will probably refire like 97L, but the prevailing conditions are obviously still negative. I thought this would form for sure (WRONG).

That African wave will probably follow suit.
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#164 Postby Ntxw » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:33 am

This wave is a good example of KW benefits. Yesterday the peak of the KW passage, it blossomed convection and looked well. Now that it continued west, KW wave moving east and exiting it's losing that enhanced convection.

Blue is good, reds are not.

http://www.atmos.albany.edu/student/ven ... lyses.html

The system exiting Africa will feel the last KW wave next before it leaves the basin. We'll see that pulse for 24 hours or so before the same fate.
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

YoshiMike
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#165 Postby YoshiMike » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:34 pm

any update on this? I am really lost on what sites to go to to look it up, and i could use some pointers!
Last edited by YoshiMike on Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
Okay guys, just because I want to BE a meteorologist, want to go to school for meteorology, DOES NOT MAKE ME A METEOROLOGIST. Anything I say about tropical weather is either me learning something new, or is just an opinion and nothing more than that. I can almost guarantee you that I will be wrong about pretty much everything.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re:

#166 Postby cycloneye » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:37 pm

YoshiMike wrote:any update on this? I am really lost on what sites to go to to look it up,

You can see in this loop the wave of this topic to the right side of image.Is not organizing at this time.

http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis ... display=12
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

YoshiMike
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#167 Postby YoshiMike » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:26 pm

looks like some clouds are booming, maybe not tropical but yeah. Doesn't look too promising imo
0 likes   
Okay guys, just because I want to BE a meteorologist, want to go to school for meteorology, DOES NOT MAKE ME A METEOROLOGIST. Anything I say about tropical weather is either me learning something new, or is just an opinion and nothing more than that. I can almost guarantee you that I will be wrong about pretty much everything.

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”