Possible new wave over africa? (Is Invest 90L)

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
YoshiMike
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: Possible new wave over africa? (Pouch 027L)

#61 Postby YoshiMike » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:01 pm

blp wrote:So the others models Navgem, Ukmet, Fimm are developing this pouch versus the Euro and GFS which fizzle this one out and develop the second.

Euro and GFS are the more reliable ones correct?
0 likes   
Okay guys, just because I want to BE a meteorologist, want to go to school for meteorology, DOES NOT MAKE ME A METEOROLOGIST. Anything I say about tropical weather is either me learning something new, or is just an opinion and nothing more than that. I can almost guarantee you that I will be wrong about pretty much everything.

Hurricaneman
Category 5
Category 5

#62 Postby Hurricaneman » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:00 am

The 0zGFS has this recurve but if the pathway closes any faster this might be something that my need to paid attention to because of

A: Its not developing much until past 50W on all models or has a weak low up until that point
B: this run of the GFS has the pathway out close up as its recurving resulting in a stall in which it could pull a westerly path into the SEUS if the ridge bridges any faster

so the moral is that the synoptics are probably be different than they are modeled and residents of the SEUS, NEUS or Atlantic Canada should't worry as of now but keep abreast of what the guidance is showing especially early next week with this and another possibility is it doesn't develop at all

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products
0 likes   

YoshiMike
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#63 Postby YoshiMike » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:17 am

what about the us gulf coast? sorry for all the questions, i just dont know where to look for these things.
0 likes   
Okay guys, just because I want to BE a meteorologist, want to go to school for meteorology, DOES NOT MAKE ME A METEOROLOGIST. Anything I say about tropical weather is either me learning something new, or is just an opinion and nothing more than that. I can almost guarantee you that I will be wrong about pretty much everything.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: Possible new wave over africa? (Is Invest 90L)

#64 Postby cycloneye » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:01 am

Is now Invest 90L so go to active storms/invests forum to continue the discussion.

Invest 90L Discussion thread
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”