Possible vorticity north of Bahamas

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
CFLHurricane
Category 1
Category 1

Possible vorticity north of Bahamas

#1 Postby CFLHurricane » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:01 am

It might just be my eyes playing tricks on me, but this morning I've noticed some rotation following 92L on the visible and AVN floaters just north of the Bahamas.

Does anyone else see it?
0 likes   
I'm not a meteorologist, but I did stay at a motel 8.

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

Re: Possible vorticity north of Bahamas

#2 Postby wxman57 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:03 am

You're seeing an upper-level low rotating north of the Bahamas. That's how 92L began earlier this week.
0 likes   

CFLHurricane
Category 1
Category 1

#3 Postby CFLHurricane » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:32 am

wxman57 wrote:You're seeing an upper-level low rotating north of the Bahamas. That's how 92L began earlier this week.

Thanks WXMan for letting me know I'm not going crazy :lol:

It would be certainly interesting if it developed. Any insight on the chances of that happening?
0 likes   
I'm not a meteorologist, but I did stay at a motel 8.

robbielyn
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby robbielyn » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:26 am

wxman57 wrote:You're seeing an upper-level low rotating north of the Bahamas. That's how 92L began earlier this week.

unless i misunderstood my met and i could have, I thought she said it was a surface low but wasn't going to develop.
0 likes   
Robbielyn McCrary
I know just about enough to sound like I know what I'm talking about sometimes. But for your safety please follow the nhc for truly professional forecasting. :D

AJC3
Admin
Admin

#5 Postby AJC3 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:33 pm

robbielyn wrote:

unless i misunderstood my met and i could have, I thought she said it was a surface low but wasn't going to develop.

Your met was most likely talking about 92L, which is the surface low that indeed moved inland without developing into a TC.
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”