original predictions

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
wzrgirl1
Category 5
Category 5

original predictions

#1 Postby wzrgirl1 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:02 pm

I am trying to find the thread that asked us for our predictions of storms before the season started on June 1st but I can't find it. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: original predictions

#2 Postby cycloneye » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:38 pm

wzrgirl1 wrote:I am trying to find the thread that asked us for our predictions of storms before the season started on June 1st but I can't find it. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Here is the 2014 poll. :)

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=116252&start=0
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby chaser1 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:07 am

Interesting, well my forecast is soon to bust LOL. I had guessed 8/4/2 and right now we're sitting on 7/4/1 for the season. Gonzalo seems destined to push the hurricane number to 5 and good shot at making it to a major 'cane which would take that number to 2 thus far. Congrats to the small handful of people that guessed from 8/5/1 to 10/5/2 ! My guess now is that one more weak Caribbean or Gulf by month end, plus some errand North Atlantic "blip" perhaps in November ahead of a E. Conus front sweeping east, and will likely end up at 9/5/2 (though one additional spin up making it 10 named storms, certainly wouldn't surprise me).
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

wzrgirl1
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby wzrgirl1 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:44 am

cycloneye wrote:
wzrgirl1 wrote:I am trying to find the thread that asked us for our predictions of storms before the season started on June 1st but I can't find it. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Here is the 2014 poll. :)

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=116252&start=0

Thanks Cyclone Eye!!
0 likes   

hurricanehunter69
Category 1
Category 1

#5 Postby hurricanehunter69 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:43 am

Sambucol ( 10-7-3 ) probably has the best shot...?
0 likes   

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby chaser1 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:22 pm

hurricanehunter69 wrote:Sambucol ( 10-7-3 ) probably has the best shot...?

Perhaps, but I'm thinking only a couple more, yet weaker storms and maybe no additional hurricanes. Bottom line thought, is we really don't know for sure and there very well could be that one storm that forms at just the right time, that unexpectedly becomes the highlight of the 2014 season. There's just no reason, to hurricane season :Chit:
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

lilybeth
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby lilybeth » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:01 am

I missed the poll, but there was another thread asking people to guess what letter we would make it to. I think I guessed G or H.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

AnnularCane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby AnnularCane » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:49 pm

My prediction was 8/3/1, in response to, at the time, the constant comparisons to the 1997 season (those are 1997's numbers), and after 2013, I otherwise had no idea what to expect this time. :P The hurricane prediction has already busted, and it looks like the major hurricane prediction is about to bust too. The named storms number is still intact though...for now!
0 likes   

ninel conde
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby ninel conde » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:52 pm

i made a great prediction but the tropics ignored it.
0 likes   

Steve820
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#10 Postby Steve820 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:51 pm

I predicted 11/4/1, meaning my prediction will most likely bust :P

I predicted that because I thought 2013-like conditions would remain over the Atlantic and really reduce the hurricanes and major hurricanes again, but the basin would continue spitting out a near-average number of systems like 2013 did.
0 likes   
Hurricanes are an amazing natural phenomena. While many are spiraling pits of evil that kill people or cause devastation, some are tame and stay clear of land.

I wish for you to :Bcool:

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”