chat room

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Suzzzzzz
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

chat room

#1 Postby Suzzzzzz » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:33 am

Been a LONG time since I've been here, anyone know if there is a still a chat room to up to the minute information?
0 likes   

StormingB81
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby StormingB81 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:27 am

Mostly people coming in and out...even with Gonzo....it is quiet....we need to wake some people up...lol
0 likes   

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: chat room

#3 Postby chaser1 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:06 am

Yeah, i'd have to say that i personally have probably only dropped in the chat room perhaps 2 or 3 times over the past year or so, and that was basically because i was curious whether it was working and secondly, if anyone was really "chatting". Problem as I see it, is that any decent chat room really needs a bare butt minimum of 6-8 people - at any particular time...., and i dont mean just a room "showing" 6-8 names, but that many actually being interactive and communicating.

Here's the problem, as i see it. Even 'here and now", within the many forums on S2K, you can basically go from one forum to another and notice how many of the same people who essentially are the one's posting something. So, while there are many members who just lurk, there are that many more "non members" also lurking - but not adding anything either. I havn't really bothered to go through the number of different posters for a 24 hour period, but i'd be surprised if that number were as high as 40. Now, what percentage of those people actually have that much more time to park their butts in a chat room (which usually involves a larger investment of time that a forum board where one can read, step away, come back later and maybe post something, walk away again..., etc)?

So, if you look at any 24 hr. period, it would take at least 20 or 25 different people a day, AND I mean spread over a whole 24 hr. day, to support a room that someone like me might come on into and hope to find a few people to chat with. The moment that I (or others) come into a chat room but find its more like a ghost town", the more and more likely that those new visitors will just stop bothering to see who's there and come to chat. Anyway, at least that kind of how i see it :)
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

StormingB81
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby StormingB81 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:28 am

With the Invest out there that may become a storm the Chat room is wide open for discussion
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”