Possible Development in the BOC (Is Invest 93L)

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#141 Postby northjaxpro » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:04 pm

It is safe to assume for now that a significant rain event may be in store for South Florida by late this week. The models are in agreement of some type of subtropical/possible tropical entity possibly forming deep down in the Southern GOM region later this week. Also, with the AO and NAO now forecast to go back to positive within the week, this may set the stage for considerably less troughing across the Eastern CONUS. If ridging sets up across the SE US or off the Atlantic seaboard within the next 7-10 days, then there would be a possible scenario where if this entity does form , it could get trapped or even meander around the Florida peninsula/Eastern Gulf. Just something to monitor late this week.

The following is not official forecast. It is strictly the opinion of this poster. Please refer to the lastest information and products from the NHC.
Last edited by northjaxpro on Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
0 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

CrazyC83
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#142 Postby CrazyC83 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:06 pm

Assuming 92L becomes Hanna, the dreaded I storm could strike again...

Surprised this isn't 93L yet.
0 likes   

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#143 Postby gatorcane » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:12 pm

Although the NAM is not a good tropical model, it is interesting to note it has trended with a stronger and more consolidated system in the BOC with each run today and here is how the 00Z NAM ends at 84 hours with a 1002MB tropical storm headed slowly east.

0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re:

#144 Postby cycloneye » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:14 pm

CrazyC83 wrote:Assuming 92L becomes Hanna, the dreaded I storm could strike again...

TAFB doesn't have a low in BOC at surface map yet and that is important to have to then get invest up.

0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Possible Development in the BOC

#145 Postby SFLcane » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:15 pm

Convection increasing...

0 likes   

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#146 Postby gatorcane » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:22 pm

CrazyC83 wrote:Assuming 92L becomes Hanna, the dreaded I storm could strike again...

If it becomes the "I" storm, the media is going to have a fun time pronouncing this one..."Isaias" pronounced "ees-ah-EE-ahs."
Last edited by gatorcane on Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

blp
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#147 Postby blp » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:22 pm

gatorcane wrote:Although the NAM is not a good tropical model, it is interesting to note it has trended with a stronger and more consolidated system in the BOC with each run today and here is how the 00Z NAM ends at 84 hours with a 1002MB tropical storm headed slowly east.

[]http://i60.tinypic.com/21afxnq.jpg[/img]

We have seen the BOC ramp up systems quickly so it would not surprise me if this ramps up quicker than modeled.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

fci
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Re:

#148 Postby fci » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:27 pm

gatorcane wrote:

If it becomes the "I" storm, the media is going to have a fun time pronouncing this one..."Isaias" pronounced "ees-ah-EE-ahs."

Sounds way too much like Isis :eek:
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
My posts are just my opinion and are most likely not backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
Bottom line is that I am just expressing my opinion!!!

Miami Storm Tracker
Category 3
Category 3

Re: Re:

#149 Postby Miami Storm Tracker » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:59 pm

gatorcane wrote:

Gator,

I can't even say it pronouncing how you spelled it out.
0 likes   

Miami Storm Tracker
Category 3
Category 3

#150 Postby Miami Storm Tracker » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:12 pm

Evening BLP,

Things have changed a bit since a couple of days ago. Models were showing it getting pushed back into Mexico, and in some cases backing off off anything getting going. But as things are coming together it is something we need to watch. As I mentioned before climatology favors a direction towards south Florida this time of year.
0 likes   

GrimReaper
Category 1
Category 1

#151 Postby GrimReaper » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:14 pm

Ahhhh yes! A completely perfect day in NE Florida too! Low 80's day, and nighttime mid 50's !! No scary hurricane needed for Halloween! !! :grr:
0 likes   

blp
Category 5
Category 5

#152 Postby blp » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:23 pm

Miami Storm Tracker wrote:Evening BLP,

Things have changed a bit since a couple of days ago. Models were showing it getting pushed back into Mexico, and in some cases backing off off anything getting going. But as things are coming together it is something we need to watch. As I mentioned before climatology favors a direction towards south Florida this time of year.

00z GFS is different than previous. Keeps low in NW Carribean so far at 150hr and ramping up. Worried this might be a hurricane on this run.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#153 Postby SFLcane » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:26 pm

Indeed might end up with a paloma track into cuba.
0 likes   

Hurricaneman
Category 5
Category 5

#154 Postby Hurricaneman » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:28 pm

SFLcane wrote:Indeed might end up with a paloma track into cuba.

or even tracks similar to Wilma, Mitch, and Irene in 99 so while this is coming together the track is unknown in a setup like this

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
0 likes   

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#155 Postby SFLcane » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:31 pm

Hurricaneman wrote:
SFLcane wrote:Indeed might end up with a paloma track into cuba.

or even tracks similar to Wilma, Mitch, and Irene in 99 so while this is coming together the track is unknown in a setup like this

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Yep...looking more like this might get left behind in the Caribbean we shall see this week.

edit: GFS has an intensifying hurricane at 180hrs down there
0 likes   

StormingB81
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#156 Postby StormingB81 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:39 pm

Well just when you think you can write things off it reminds you that its still hurricane season and you still have to pay attention but looking at everything looks too south of here to worry just yet if anything does happen
0 likes   

WeatherEmperor
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Possible Development in the BOC

#157 Postby WeatherEmperor » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:41 pm

All I want to know is who is staying up to post tonights Euro lol
0 likes   

Miami Storm Tracker
Category 3
Category 3

#158 Postby Miami Storm Tracker » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:42 pm

blp wrote:
Miami Storm Tracker wrote:Evening BLP,

00z GFS is different than previous. Keeps low in NW Carribean so far at 150hr and ramping up. Worried this might be a hurricane on this run.

Which run the 18z had it getting stretched out as it headed ENE
0 likes   

Hurricaneman
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#159 Postby Hurricaneman » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:43 pm

StormingB81 wrote:Well just when you think you can write things off it reminds you that its still hurricane season and you still have to pay attention but looking at everything looks too south of here to worry just yet if anything does happen

quite right but we'll know more by the weekend whether this is a threat or misses completely, its worth keeping an eye on for sure as the setup is one of the most complex in a while

0 likes   

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#160 Postby SFLcane » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:44 pm

Potent hurricane into South Florida...

0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”