Surface Trough East of Florida (Is Invest 90L)

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
floridasun78
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Surface Trough East of Florida (40% chance of development)

#161 Postby floridasun78 » Tue May 05, 2015 4:32 pm

Hammy wrote:Zoomed satellite loop appears to show that the low has formed or is in the process of forming in the general vicinity of Grand Bahama/Abaco. There is a very faint turn in the low clouds directly south of Abaco with clouds coming out of the W-WNW to the west.

miami weather man say yes we starting look forming by Grand Bahama
0 likes   

SeGaBob

#162 Postby SeGaBob » Tue May 05, 2015 4:59 pm

The chances of a landfall around here seem to be decreasing unless there's models I haven't seen.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
0 likes   

M_0331
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#163 Postby M_0331 » Tue May 05, 2015 5:23 pm

[quote="SeGaBob"]The chances of a landfall around here seem to be decreasing unless there's models I haven't seen.

I wish I had the advanced applied math skills to make such a statement.
0 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#164 Postby TheStormExpert » Tue May 05, 2015 5:41 pm

SeGaBob wrote:The chances of a landfall around here seem to be decreasing unless there's models I haven't seen.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

How are decreasing? Nothing has developed yet, if anything does come out of this of course that it still yet to be seen. It's too soon to know anything just yet.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

tropicwatch
Category 5
Category 5

#165 Postby tropicwatch » Tue May 05, 2015 5:52 pm

Shouldn't this get an invest number pretty soon?
0 likes   
Tropicwatch

Agnes 72', Eloise 75, Elena 85', Kate 85', Charley 86', Florence 88', Beryl 94', Dean 95', Erin 95', Opal 95', Earl 98', Georges 98', Ivan 2004', Arlene 2005', Dennis 2005', Ida 2009' Debby 2012' Irma 2017' Michael 2018'

SeGaBob

#166 Postby SeGaBob » Tue May 05, 2015 5:53 pm

:uarrow: I said "seem to be." I didn't say they definitely were... I'm not wishing for it to landfall really except maybe clouds to lower temps a bit. I put the disclaimer in because it was my opinion and not "advanced applied math skills".
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#167 Postby tolakram » Tue May 05, 2015 6:05 pm

If you find yourself posting a comment about someone instead of about the weather think twice please. In other words, stop the sniping. Thanks.
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#168 Postby Hammy » Tue May 05, 2015 6:06 pm

panamatropicwatch wrote:Shouldn't this get an invest number pretty soon?

I'm honestly quite surprised it wasn't tagged already earlier in the day. It looks like it's starting to spin up now pretty decently.
0 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Dean_175
Category 1
Category 1

#169 Postby Dean_175 » Tue May 05, 2015 6:11 pm

I know its a bit late for me to post this about the 12Z run but:

I can't post any pics- but the upper level trough is currently over the gulf of Mexico(12Z). The 12Z GFS and the 12Z NAM run show it becoming more negatively tilted as it moves over Florida and into the Atlantic tomorrow and Thursday- which will provide favorable upper level divergence above where the low near the surface is forming. The forecast conditions at the upper level (height contour,etc) seem to be consistent with the predicted pattern of precipitation and the movement of convection towards the center in a manner typical of subtropical cyclogenesis.

The GFS and NAM (12Z) are both showing precipitation and isobar patterns on Thursday and Friday that may be consistent with the formation of a subtropical system. however they are also showing some possible weak frontal characteristics. NAM is showing some front-like surface temp advection pattern next few days,though no frontal characteristics at 850mb by Thursday.
Last edited by Dean_175 on Tue May 05, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 likes   
All posts by Dean_175 are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

hurricanekid416
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#170 Postby hurricanekid416 » Tue May 05, 2015 6:36 pm

Reminds me a little bit of beryl from 2012
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Dean_175
Category 1
Category 1

Re:

#171 Postby Dean_175 » Tue May 05, 2015 6:39 pm

hurricanekid416 wrote:Reminds me a little bit of beryl from 2012

Yeah, it does- but I don't expect this system to ever become fully tropical. Still pretty early to tell for sure though.
0 likes   
All posts by Dean_175 are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

SeaBrz_FL
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#172 Postby SeaBrz_FL » Tue May 05, 2015 6:43 pm

:sleeping: Huh? Is it June already? :clap:

Thought I had a few more weeks to say "howdy" to everyone for the upcoming season, but let 'er roll. :Partytime:

Here in Cape Canaveral, we welcome the rain bands and all breezes from this baby storm. We had record breaking heat in April, and are not quite ready to close up for July and Aug temps.

For the upcoming months, I can contribute very little (except obs) so I will stay on the bleachers as usual. To the experts here, thanks in advance for all the great future updates.

Carry on ... :D
0 likes   
Donna/WPB 1960 - terrorized for life :-). Fourth of six generations living on the FL East Coast since the 50's.

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#173 Postby wxman57 » Tue May 05, 2015 7:26 pm

Typical pre-season semi-tropical weak storm. I think chances It'll become "Ana" are in the 90% range, maybe higher. No question that a low center will develop. The only question is whether or not the NHC will name it. It will be close to the coast, so they probably will.
0 likes   

Evil Jeremy
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#174 Postby Evil Jeremy » Tue May 05, 2015 8:24 pm

I'd expect this to be tagged as an invest overnight, I think with this system's model support it's worthy of a tag. However, I don't think the system is well organized enough at the moment to keep tomorrow's recon flights. Maybe one of them, but I can't see both flights being active at the moment. Right now there's just no low to fix.
0 likes   
Frances 04 / Jeanne 04 / Katrina 05 / Wilma 05 / Fay 08 / Debby 12 / Andrea 13 / Colin 16 / Hermine 16 / Matthew 16 / Irma 17

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#175 Postby TheStormExpert » Tue May 05, 2015 9:11 pm

One thing is for sure, there is definitely a broad easy to see spin off the East Central/Southeast Coast of Florida and just west of Grand Bahama Island.

0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#176 Postby tolakram » Tue May 05, 2015 9:38 pm

I missed the fact the operational Euro shows it a little stronger on the 12Z run.

GFS similar at 72 hours as well.

0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

TropicalAnalystwx13
Category 5
Category 5

#177 Postby TropicalAnalystwx13 » Tue May 05, 2015 10:57 pm

The 0z GFS is coming in and looks to be suffering from convective feedback. It develops two areas of low pressure, one situated east of Florida like originally expected, but also a second area of low pressure farther northeast in conjunction with the ongoing convection in that area. I probably wouldn't take this run as serious as previous ones.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: Surface Trough East of Florida (Is Invest 90L)

#178 Postby cycloneye » Wed May 06, 2015 5:05 am

Go to the Invest 90L main thread to continue the discussions about this area.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”