Identification of TC on tea cup [SOLVED]

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
404UserNotFound
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

Identification of TC on tea cup [SOLVED]

#1 Postby 404UserNotFound » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:38 pm

I've seen an image of a tropical cyclone on a tea cup at home, but I don't know which one it is.
It probably occurred before 21MAR 2011, as that was when the event this tea cup was made for started.

It seems to look a bit like STY Keith from 1997, but it's not a perfect match:
Last edited by 404UserNotFound on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
Please note: Never take any statements I make about forecasts at face value, as I am nowhere near professional at that.

tatertawt24
Category 1
Category 1

#2 Postby tatertawt24 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:42 pm

I think it's Ioke?

0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Cyclenall » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:11 pm

It looks like Hurricane Rita to me, but there isn't landmass that I can see in that pic and when Rita appeared in that form there was lots of land surrounding it while in the GOM. Maybe it was removed or you just can't see it on the tea cup. Doesn't look like STY Keith or Ioke.
0 likes   

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby brunota2003 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:54 am

It almost looks like Andrew.
0 likes   
Just a small town southern boy helping other humans.

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Identification of TC on tea cup

#5 Postby Hammy » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:07 am

seems to be this picture of Isabel.
0 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#6 Postby tolakram » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:05 am

Yep, Isabel, no doubt. :)
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

tatertawt24
Category 1
Category 1

#7 Postby tatertawt24 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:27 am

Wow, I always forget Isabel looked like that before it went annular.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”