Which will become Hermine first?

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
galaxy401
Category 5
Category 5

Which will become Hermine first?

#1 Postby galaxy401 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:23 pm

With the two tropical depressions struggling to strengthen along with 92L moving out of Africa, which one will get named first? Also, which do you think will be named Ian and Julia?

Despite the struggles I still think TD9 will be named Hermine first.
0 likes   
Got my eyes on moving right into Hurricane Alley: Florida.

HurricaneRyan
Category 2
Category 2

Re: Which will become Hermine first?

#2 Postby HurricaneRyan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:36 pm

I personally want TD 9 to become Hermine and TD 8 to become Ian, similar to Humberto and Ingrid from 2007. And the only reason I say that is because my hope is for Hermine to finally be a hurricane and for Ian to not be a dangerous I storm.
0 likes   
Kay '22 Hilary '23

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Hammy » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:47 am

I'll say TD8, since it seems closer wind-wise at the moment. It would be funny to see something like we have now with simultaneous missions, and have both planes find TS winds at the same time to see which gets named first.
0 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Kazmit
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby Kazmit » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:04 am

TD 9 will become Hermine, as it is quite close to getting to TS strength, and probably will later today if it continues moving west. TD 8- from the NHC, "Reports from an Air Force Reserve Hurricane Hunter aircraft up to this writing show flight-level winds of less than 30 kt and a central pressure near 1010 mb. The initial intensity remains 30 kt, and this might be generous." I see this becoming TS Ian by later tonight or early tomorrow morning.
0 likes   
Igor 2010, Sandy 2012, Fay 2014, Gonzalo 2014, Joaquin 2015, Nicole 2016, Humberto 2019

I am only a tropical weather enthusiast. My predictions are not official and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

galaxy401
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby galaxy401 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:57 pm

TD9 ends up taking the name.
0 likes   
Got my eyes on moving right into Hurricane Alley: Florida.

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”