New B.O.C. blow up

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
lrak
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

New B.O.C. blow up

#1 Postby lrak » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:13 pm

#2 Postby OntarioEggplant » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:27 am

06Z GFS has a tropical cyclone moving up from the BOC towards Texas as the big front approaches.

Do any of the models show this?

The front didn't push as far south as I thought. Hopefully a little storm then inland to Mexico.
Last edited by lrak on Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
AKA karl

Also
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
My posts on this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. My posts are my basic observations and are definitely not backed by any "well some" meteorological knowledge. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

tailgater
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: New B.O.C. blow up

#2 Postby tailgater » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:47 pm

Pressure slowly dropping at BOC buoy with a south wind now. Vorticity seems to have some northwestward drift to it. Probably nothing but in this area a small system can spin up rather quickly. Lets check it out it the morning.

3. Widespread cloudiness and thunderstorms over the southwestern Gulf
of Mexico are associated with a trough of low pressure that is
drifting westward. Upper-level winds are not expected to be
conducive for significant development before this system moves
inland over northeastern Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”