Non-tropical low in Northeast Atlantic

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
cainjamin
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Non-tropical low in Northeast Atlantic

#1 Postby cainjamin » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:30 pm

Looking pretty interesting today - almost as good as Arlene looked at her peak. Surface analysis still has fronts attached to it but who knows what could happen!

Producing winds of at least 45kt in the western semicircle, but circulation is pretty elongated looking:

Could we possibly get two April storms?!
0 likes   
Noel '07, Kyle '08, Earl '10, Arthur '14, Dorian '19, Teddy '20

Florida1118
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Non-tropical low in Northeast Atlantic

#2 Postby Florida1118 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:56 pm

It is expected to get even more elongated looking at the models. Considering the NHC has made a mention up to this point, I doubt they'll suddenly do something with it now. Might be worth a look post-season if it was deemed well-defined for long enough however.
0 likes   

Kazmit
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Non-tropical low in Northeast Atlantic

#3 Postby Kazmit » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:13 pm

I doubt they'll take note of this one, at least until post-season. I know it doesn't mean much in terms of overall activity, but it's interesting to see how much activity is and already has been in the basin... and it's still April.
0 likes   
Igor 2010, Sandy 2012, Fay 2014, Gonzalo 2014, Joaquin 2015, Nicole 2016, Humberto 2019

I am only a tropical weather enthusiast. My predictions are not official and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”