Northern Gulf of Mexico Disturbance

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

Re: Northern Gulf of Mexico Disturbance

#81 Postby wxman57 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:37 pm

Time to move along. Nothing to see here, folks...

3 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#82 Postby Frank P » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:10 pm

Might be dead but we just got pummeled with copious amounts of rain and lightning on the MS coast... current radar loops shows that the weak center looks to be over Lake Pontchartrain... nice tropical feel on the MS coast this evening....
1 likes   

Agua
Category 5
Category 5

#83 Postby Agua » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:59 pm

Was just going to say I looked at the radar and darned if it didn't look like there was a center of circulation. Came over here for the firs time since the season started.
1 likes   

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#84 Postby northjaxpro » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:19 pm

WPC/NHC surface analysis. at 21Z this evening showed a 1003 mb broad LLC spinning right over Slidell, LA. Satellite imagery and composite radar imagery shows a pretty decent circulation. It actually appears to be pulsating quite a bit of convection in and around the LLC. It may not develop maturely due to proximity to land , but I would definitely not give this system last rites until it moves fully and farther inland away from the coast.

This system has bought nearly 4.5 inches of rain at my locale up until 9 p.m. this evening. This has been just what we needed across the peninsula. The moisture pump is finally cranking as rich and deep tropical rain is moving in from the Caribbean and the GOM. Heavy rain is in store for much of the Gulf Coast and Florida the next couple of days. Flood Watch is up for Jax and much of North Florida through tomorrow night.
0 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#85 Postby NDG » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:59 pm

:uarrow: This system has been a blessing to the FL Peninsula for sure, outdoor burn ban finally lifted for my area. Hard to believe that just a couple of weeks ago we were bone dry and now mildew everywhere growing again :double:
1 likes   

Socalhurcnegirl227
Category 1
Category 1

#86 Postby Socalhurcnegirl227 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:37 pm

NDG wrote::uarrow: This system has been a blessing to the FL Peninsula for sure, outdoor burn ban finally lifted for my area. Hard to believe that just a couple of weeks ago we were bone dry and now mildew everywhere growing again :double:

I know how that feels. Its nice to finally have water in the lakes here in california again after being dried up for 5 years
1 likes   
"I'm a wandress, i'm a one night stand,
dont belong to no city, dont belong to no man
i'm the violence in the pouring rain,
I'm a hurricane"

Steve
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#87 Postby Steve » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:00 pm

Looks like flash flooding in and around Mobile, across central Baldwin Co and northern Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties in NWFL. Also around Monroeville in S Al. Transitional time of the year with slower moving systems tapped into tropical moisture can kick some ***. Thoughts out to everyone having issues and in the warning areas. Hopefully another round won't fire off toward dawn.

Edit to say it looks better but the central Panhandle is liable to pick up a few inches later today, and Broward and Palm Beach Counties are now partially in flash flood warnings. I'd say the GFS underestimated rainfall for southern Florida and also the MS and AL Gulf Coasts for the past several days. 2 day totals in a band across s FL are up to 10+" in spots. Be careful. Some of those areas will see training tonight so another 3-4" locally is easily in reach. http://www.weather.gov/mfl/
0 likes   

Sanibel
Category 5
Category 5

#88 Postby Sanibel » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:34 am

We sure got the rain end of it. About 8 inches in 3 days.

Edit: The original disturbance that this thread was started for moved over to the Atlantic side 4 days ago. This thread has morphed into talking about something completely different. This thread has been locked, and the posts which started about 3 days later have been moved to a new thread. - AJC3
1 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”