Strong Tropical Wave WSW of CV Islands (INVEST 94L is up)

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Strong Tropical Wave WSW of CV Islands (INVEST 94L is up)

#1 Postby cycloneye » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:39 pm

Some models like it mildly so let's see how all turns out on the next few days as the wave emerges the African continent on the 29th.
Image updates every 3 hours.

http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis ... display=24
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Strong Wave in West Africa

#2 Postby TheStormExpert » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:40 pm

12z Euro now onboard with development and stronger than the GFS. But like the GFS dissipates it thereafter.

1 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Gustywind » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:46 pm

cycloneye wrote:Some models like it mildly so let's see how all turns out on the next few days as the wave emerges the African continent on the 29th.

Very interresting Cycloneye, good catch :) Whereas, what are prédictions for the shear and SAL as the SST?
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#4 Postby cycloneye » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:48 pm

Gustywind wrote:
cycloneye wrote:Some models like it mildly so let's see how all turns out on the next few days as the wave emerges the African continent on the 29th.

http://i.imgur.com/Tl8avC9.jpg

Very interresting Cycloneye, good catch :) Whereas, what are prédictions for the shear and SAL as the SST?

Hi Gusty,Not a bright future ahead after what the models have close to CV due to sal / dry air.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby Gustywind » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:00 pm

cycloneye wrote:
Gustywind wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/Tl8avC9.jpg

Hi Gusty,Not a bright future ahead after what the models have close to CV due to sal / dry air.

Hummm... yeah... anyway we will keep a small eye on it even if all in all may not be in it favor :comment:
0 likes   

blp
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby blp » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:18 pm

Even though this might have a short life. It is still quite rare to have a Tropical Storm form in the Eastern Atlantic in late June. Interesting that the Euro shows this because it typically lags behind in cyclogenesis.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

RL3AO
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#7 Postby RL3AO » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:25 pm

The wave is currently between 0° and 5°E near Benin and Togo. Very clear signature on the left exit region of the African Easterly Jet (AEJ).
0 likes   

blp
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby blp » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:26 pm

12z GFS Vorticity picking it up as well.

0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#9 Postby cycloneye » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:27 pm

I asked Ryan Maue about the Euro on this wave in Twitter.

Replying to @CycloforumsPR
Quite the convective burst that develops into a tropical storm. Odd development.

https://twitter.com/RyanMaue/status/879431096940867585

0 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#10 Postby TheStormExpert » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:29 pm

When I first saw this on the GFS on it's 06z run this morning I thought it might be onto something but then again the Euro didn't show anything with the next 10 days so I wasn't sure. Just like we saw with Bret and Cindy the Euro could drop it just like that on it's 00z run tomorrow morning so we shall see but then again the models haven't been the most consistent so far this season.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

tarheelprogrammer
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#11 Postby tarheelprogrammer » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:32 pm

Actually quite a bit of the GFS ensembles like the wave after MDR as well. Something to watch at least. Odd to see the Cape Verdes so active already.

GEFS at hour 234:

Also, the waves over Africa have not let up a bit. If anything they are growing in intensity. I cannot remember seeing so many healthy looking waves so early in the season.

Current image of Africa:
1 likes   
My posts are not official forecasts. They are just my opinion and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

weathaguyry
Category 5
Category 5

#12 Postby weathaguyry » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:47 pm

Even though SAL and Shear are not favorable out in the MDR, this can have a good shot of developing near the African Coast, which would be pretty amazing for this time of year!!! GFS AND Euro are on board, and this is now within 72hrs., so if something were to develop, the NHC would have to bite soon...
0 likes   
My posts are only my opinions and NOT official forecasts. For official forecasts, consult the National Hurricane Center or the National Weather Service.

Irene 11', Sandy 12', Fay 20’, Isaias 20’, Elsa 21’, Henri 21’, Ida 21’

Kingarabian
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#13 Postby Kingarabian » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:51 pm

Hi-resolution Euro has a hurricane per Ryan Maue.

https://twitter.com/RyanMaue/status/879431904025616384

3 likes   
RIP Kobe Bryant

gatorcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#14 Postby gatorcane » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:54 pm

tarheelprogrammer wrote:Actually quite a bit of the GFS ensembles like the wave after MDR as well. Something to watch at least. Odd to see the Cape Verdes so active already.

GEFS at hour 234:
http://i.imgur.com/kSLJlxf.jpg

Also, the waves over Africa have not let up a bit. If anything they are growing in intensity. I cannot remember seeing so many healthy looking waves so early in the season.

Current image of Africa:
http://i.imgur.com/pOKBB4g.gif

That is a good number of ensembles that keep this as a storm that far out. Looks like at least 15 GFS ensembles keep a storm or a low pressure area out there traversing west across the MDR even a week from now. Hard to believe but we watch and wait what to see what happens.
0 likes   

RL3AO
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#15 Postby RL3AO » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:07 pm

Fairly easy wave to track both in the GFS analysis and satellite.
1 likes   

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#16 Postby Gustywind » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:19 pm

RL3AO wrote:Fairly easy wave to track both in the GFS analysis and satellite.

Very nice :) thanks.
0 likes   

Kingarabian
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#17 Postby Kingarabian » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:28 pm

18z GFS rolling soon. Will be interesting to watch.
0 likes   
RIP Kobe Bryant

johngaltfla
Category 5
Category 5

#18 Postby johngaltfla » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:38 pm

WOW! Getting a little early for this. However if winter begins in Florida in October with some sub-55 degree temps, I'll take the trade off.
0 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#19 Postby TheStormExpert » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:41 pm

gatorcane wrote:
tarheelprogrammer wrote:Actually quite a bit of the GFS ensembles like the wave after MDR as well. Something to watch at least. Odd to see the Cape Verdes so active already.

GEFS at hour 234:
http://i.imgur.com/kSLJlxf.jpg

Current image of Africa:
http://i.imgur.com/pOKBB4g.gif

That is a good number of ensembles that keep this as a storm that far out. Looks like at least 15 GFS ensembles keep a storm or a low pressure area out there traversing west across the MDR even a week from now. Hard to believe but we watch and wait what to see what happens.

Well FWIW this mornings 00z GFS and yesterdays 12z CMC had it making it all the way to The Bahamas and off the SE U.S. Coast.
0 likes   

Kingarabian
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#20 Postby Kingarabian » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:04 pm

18z GFS little development. Very weak.
0 likes   
RIP Kobe Bryant

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”