Strong Tropical Wave WSW of CV Islands (INVEST 94L is up)

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
tarheelprogrammer
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Strong Tropical Wave WSW of CV Islands

#321 Postby tarheelprogrammer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:06 pm

I see two areas of spin looking at this loop below. Which one is the one the GFS develops. The one on the right of the screen is the most impressive to my eyes.

http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/loop_meteosat.asp?data_folder=tropical/tropical_met_4km_visir2_floater&width=640&height=480&number_of_images_to_display=12
0 likes   
My posts are not official forecasts. They are just my opinion and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#322 Postby cycloneye » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:17 pm

tarheelprogrammer wrote:I see two areas of spin looking at this loop below. Which one is the one the GFS develops. The one on the right of the screen is the most impressive to my eyes.

http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/loop_meteosat.asp?data_folder=tropical/tropical_met_4km_visir2_floater&width=640&height=480&number_of_images_to_display=12

We will have the best info about location when is designated a Invest.
1 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

tarheelprogrammer
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#323 Postby tarheelprogrammer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:20 pm

cycloneye wrote:
tarheelprogrammer wrote:I see two areas of spin looking at this loop below. Which one is the one the GFS develops. The one on the right of the screen is the most impressive to my eyes.

Any idea when that will happen? It seems like it is worthy of an invest tag in my opinion, and I am just wondering.
0 likes   
My posts are not official forecasts. They are just my opinion and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#324 Postby cycloneye » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:25 pm

tarheelprogrammer wrote:
cycloneye wrote:

Any idea when that will happen? It seems like it is worthy of an invest tag in my opinion, and I am just wondering.

A good clue about that is the 8 PM TWO on the language and if they go up from 10%-50%.
1 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

Kingarabian
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#325 Postby Kingarabian » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:26 pm

It's a lot more NE in its positioning @ 168hrs compared to the 12z run. Ridge is displaced east compared to it being more west at 12z.
1 likes   
RIP Kobe Bryant

Hypercane_Kyle
Category 5
Category 5

#326 Postby Hypercane_Kyle » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:29 pm

Looks like a very complex genesis to me, which is probably why the ECMWF is struggling. On the GFS, I see two waves resulting in the development of this system: The one by 30W and the one near 15W.

3 likes   
My posts are my own personal opinion, defer to the National Hurricane Center (NHC) and other NOAA products for decision making during hurricane season.

AutoPenalti
Category 5
Category 5

#327 Postby AutoPenalti » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:30 pm

Ridge looks off... interesting.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the NHC and NWS.

Model Runs Cheat Sheet:
GFS (5:30 AM/PM, 11:30 AM/PM)
HWRF, GFDL, UKMET, NAVGEM (6:30-8:00 AM/PM, 12:30-2:00 AM/PM)
ECMWF (1:45 AM/PM)

TCVN
is a weighted averaged

blp
Category 5
Category 5

#328 Postby blp » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:32 pm

Kingarabian wrote:It's a lot more NE in its positioning @ 168hrs compared to the 12z run. Ridge is displaced east compared to it being more west at 12z.

I see a different setup than the 12z which had a digging trough. 18z splits out a cut off low and digs South. I don't think this one will eject out as quickly. We have like 40 runs to figure this out so it is early. Let's see what happens.
2 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

tarheelprogrammer
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#329 Postby tarheelprogrammer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:42 pm

OTS even sooner on the GFS as a strong cat 2 or borderline cat 3.
0 likes   

AutoPenalti
Category 5
Category 5

#330 Postby AutoPenalti » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:53 pm

tarheelprogrammer wrote:OTS even sooner on the GFS as a strong cat 2 or borderline cat 3.

well that's good news.
1 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the NHC and NWS.

Model Runs Cheat Sheet:

TCVN
is a weighted averaged

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#331 Postby TheStormExpert » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:54 pm

1 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

Kingarabian
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#332 Postby Kingarabian » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:54 pm

blp wrote:
Kingarabian wrote:It's a lot more NE in its positioning @ 168hrs compared to the 12z run. Ridge is displaced east compared to it being more west at 12z.

I see a different setup than the 12z which had a digging trough. 18z splits out a cut off low and digs South. I don't think this one will eject out as quickly. We have like 40 runs to figure this out so it is early. Let's see what happens.

Agreed. I'm in the more western camp. Euro seemed to have a ridge building back in @ the 240hr mark in its 12z run as well.
2 likes   
RIP Kobe Bryant

tarheelprogrammer
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#333 Postby tarheelprogrammer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:56 pm

AutoPenalti wrote:
tarheelprogrammer wrote:OTS even sooner on the GFS as a strong cat 2 or borderline cat 3.

well that's good news.

Yeah or it could get really bad for some people on the SE coastline or the mid-Atlantic. At least according to the GFS-OP.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#334 Postby cycloneye » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:58 pm

AutoPenalti wrote:

well that's good news.

Except that Bermuda is in the path.
3 likes   

Hypercane_Kyle
Category 5
Category 5

#335 Postby Hypercane_Kyle » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:06 pm

cycloneye wrote:
AutoPenalti wrote:

well that's good news.

Bermuda's been rocked every year since 2014: Fay, Gonzalo, Joaquin, and then Nicole last year.
0 likes   
My posts are my own personal opinion, defer to the National Hurricane Center (NHC) and other NOAA products for decision making during hurricane season.

AutoPenalti
Category 5
Category 5

#336 Postby AutoPenalti » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:10 pm

cycloneye wrote:
AutoPenalti wrote:

well that's good news.

well then that's bad news.
0 likes   

Model Runs Cheat Sheet:

TCVN
is a weighted averaged

floridasun78
Category 5
Category 5

#337 Postby floridasun78 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:24 pm

i think starting get more storm doing day let see if get more storm tonight wee see invest by mon
0 likes   

RL3AO
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#338 Postby RL3AO » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:35 pm

Long Term Watch: The Euro and GFS are starting to agree on the ridge over the Rockies being more amplified leading to a stronger downstream trough. That would be good news for those along the coast.

1 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#339 Postby TheStormExpert » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:40 pm

With all the fronts swinging through the NE U.S. regularly for the past many several months it's very hard in my opinion to see this making it to the U.S. east coast.
1 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

Yellow Evan
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#340 Postby Yellow Evan » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:45 pm

TheStormExpert wrote:With all the fronts swinging through the NE U.S. regularly for the past many several months it's very hard in my opinion to see this making it to the U.S. east coast.

Yea, but I'd say that's the case for any wave rolling off Africa.
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”