Disturbance over the SW GOMEX

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
lrak
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Disturbance over the SW GOMEX

#1 Postby lrak » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:40 am

I was looking at all the convection in the W GOM and noticed a LL swirl just NE of Villahermosa? Now at 4:50 CDT pressure has dropped at the BOC buoy. Does this have lots of shear or something?
Last edited by lrak on Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
AKA karl

Also
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
My posts on this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. My posts are my basic observations and are definitely not backed by any "well some" meteorological knowledge. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

tropicwatch
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Disturbance over the SW GOMEX

#2 Postby tropicwatch » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:13 pm

The convection in the southwest gom and boc have caught my attention this afternoon.

0 likes   
Tropicwatch

Agnes 72', Eloise 75, Elena 85', Kate 85', Charley 86', Florence 88', Beryl 94', Dean 95', Erin 95', Opal 95', Earl 98', Georges 98', Ivan 2004', Arlene 2005', Dennis 2005', Ida 2009' Debby 2012' Irma 2017' Michael 2018'

Blinhart
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Blinhart » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:01 am

From just looking at that satellite loop, the shear is way too high, and I don't see any circulation at any level.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

lrak
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby lrak » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:00 pm

Last edited by lrak on Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 likes   
AKA karl

Also
My posts on this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. My posts are my basic observations and are definitely not backed by any "well some" meteorological knowledge. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Nimbus
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby Nimbus » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:20 pm

Looks mostly inland so it may not be destined for the gulf.
Is there any model support?
0 likes   

lrak
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby lrak » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:53 pm

Nimbus wrote:Looks mostly inland so it may not be destined for the gulf.
Is there any model support?

None that I know of? It's really starting to look like a center is trying to form. I only use the satellites and radars for my forecast LOL :oops: and this forum of course!

Also I see a lot of inflow into that large blob. Maybe the low is getting sucked under it?
1 likes   
AKA karl

Also

lrak
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby lrak » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:01 pm

as the BOC churns....that new tower has my interest. See if it persists tonight, so much rain with so much high pressure?

Well now it looks like the S BOC is starting back up. Last evening all the convection was waning but this evening we still have some convection.
0 likes   
AKA karl

Also

Dean4Storms
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby Dean4Storms » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:06 pm

Stu Ostro on Twitter posted a pic about there being a spin at mid level and something to keep an eye on for now that in the tropics surprises are always possible.
0 likes   

Nimbus
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby Nimbus » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:16 pm

The GFS has high pressure north of it in 24 hours which might steer whatever is on the coast inland.
1 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”