2017 Cyclone Retirements(Worldwide)

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Sps123
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

2017 Cyclone Retirements(Worldwide)

#1 Postby Sps123 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:25 am

Hi Im New To This,Anyway,
I Think The Following Names Have A Chance Of Retirement:
Debbie-Destruction In Australia Could Mark Its Retirement
Donna-Its Impacts Could Warrant Retirement
Cindy-If It Shows Allison-Like Damages,Then Yes,Otherwise Unlikely
Merbok-Not Likely
Nanmandol-28 Dead In Japan,Could Rise,
By Precentages I Would Give
Debbie-90%
Donna-85%
Cindy-25%
Merbok-10%
Nanmandol-40%
What Does Everyone Else Think Of Retirements,I Apoligize If Its Not A Perfect Setup
0 likes   

ScottNAtlanta
Category 5
Category 5

Re: 2017 Cyclone Retirements(Worldwide)

#2 Postby ScottNAtlanta » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:10 pm

Emily makes a run at retirement every other cycle and 2017 is the one where she makes a run at it...so we shall see (I still think it should have been retired in 2005 being the earliest CAT 5 Hurricane on record for the Atlantic Basin)
1 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

SuperMarioBros99thx
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#3 Postby SuperMarioBros99thx » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:05 am

I believe that Don (of ATL) and Hilary (of EPac) should be retired, given these two names are very political right now... it isn't like on 2011, when these two names are asn't as political as it is now.
Replacement names: Diego (based on Force Thirteen's WMHB series) and Haley (not Heather, that's best name to replace Hermine, Harriet (a best name to replace Helene) and Holly because it's a best name to replace Hanna).
0 likes   
My opinions are mine and SHOULD not be treated as an official source of information. PLEASE see National Hurricane Center, or any other meteorological agencies, for that matter. By the way, I was born and came from Indonesia, which is rarely hit by tropical cyclones, but regardless, I have LOTS of interest in meteorology.

Sps123
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#4 Postby Sps123 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:02 am

Any Replacement Names For Debbie And Donna Of The Southern Hemisphere? And To Update My Percentages For Retirement For Debbie And Donna,Debbie-100% And Donna-100%,And The Only Names That Have No Impact I Think Should Be Removed Are Names That Would Cause Backlash,(Adolph And Israel In 2001 And Isis For 2016)
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”