Weak mid-upper trough over the central Bahamas

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
lrak
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Weak mid-upper trough over the central Bahamas

#1 Postby lrak » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:41 am

Estimate at latitude 23.90 longitude 76.53 or is that an ULL? The hi res satellite looks like a left over mid or low level spin came out of the large blow up early this morning.
0 likes   
AKA karl

Also
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
My posts on this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. My posts are my basic observations and are definitely not backed by any "well some" meteorological knowledge. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Nimbus
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Weak mid-upper trough over the central Bahamas

#2 Postby Nimbus » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:06 am

There is some low level wave energy just north of eastern Cuba moving west and a front dropping into the GOM. Some of the models were showing something developing somewhere along the front after it goes stationary.
0 likes   

Hypercane_Kyle
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Hypercane_Kyle » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:39 am

Multiple models, from the NAM (not a tropical model, I know), CMC, GFS, and ECMWF show some sort of surface low developing in 36-42 hours. The global models keep it weak.
0 likes   
My posts are my own personal opinion, defer to the National Hurricane Center (NHC) and other NOAA products for decision making during hurricane season.

AJC3
Admin
Admin

#4 Postby AJC3 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:15 pm

There is some very weak vorticity at 500MB that may be interacting with the northern flank of a Caribbean T-Wave, however there is absolutely nothing at the surface in that area of the central Bahamas.

0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”