Convection SE of large ULL near 30N60W

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
SuperMarioBros99thx
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Convection SE of large ULL near 30N60W

#1 Postby SuperMarioBros99thx » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:15 pm

Looked at water loop recently and in the southwest of a large ULL in the Central Atlantic i have seen some developments of this convection. Though it looks extratropical, this has a strong potential of development probably into STS. Please look this for evidence: http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/tatl/h5-loop-wv.html. I think this is related from earlier tropical wave we have been watched before, which wants to be Jose but prevented by unfavorable upper level winds.
Last edited by AJC3 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to make title more concise/accurate
0 likes   
My opinions are mine and SHOULD not be treated as an official source of information. PLEASE see National Hurricane Center, or any other meteorological agencies, for that matter. By the way, I was born and came from Indonesia, which is rarely hit by tropical cyclones, but regardless, I have LOTS of interest in meteorology.

AJC3
Admin
Admin

Re: Convection SE of large ULL near 30N60W

#2 Postby AJC3 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:53 pm

There was no mention of a tropical wave in the last few TWDATs. The 21UTC unified surface analysis does show a weak inverted surface trough running from about 31N64W to 25N68W. The ULL is mentioned however:

An upper level cyclonic circulation center is near 30N60W.
Upper level cyclonic wind flow covers the area from 20N
northward between 52W and 74W. Convective precipitation:
scattered moderate to strong from 22N to 24N between 55W and
57W. isolated moderate to locally strong elsewhere from 23N
northward between 53W and 70W.
0 likes   

AJC3
Admin
Admin

#3 Postby AJC3 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:19 pm

Farther east, an upper level low reflects at the surface as a surface
trough from 30N63W to 25N68W. NE of the Bahamas another surface
trough is analyzed along 21N57W to the Leeward Islands near 15N61W.
Scattered showers and tstms are NE of this trough from 21N to 26N
between 54W and 58W.
0 likes   

SuperMarioBros99thx
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#4 Postby SuperMarioBros99thx » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:14 am

Dissapiated :(
0 likes   
My opinions are mine and SHOULD not be treated as an official source of information. PLEASE see National Hurricane Center, or any other meteorological agencies, for that matter. By the way, I was born and came from Indonesia, which is rarely hit by tropical cyclones, but regardless, I have LOTS of interest in meteorology.

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”