A Little Hurricane Humor...To Cope With The Next Few Days

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
storm_in_a_teacup
Category 1
Category 1

A Little Hurricane Humor...To Cope With The Next Few Days

#1 Postby storm_in_a_teacup » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:21 pm

So...way back in 2005, I wrote a care guide for hurricanes as a joke. Mostly it was a way to keep me sane after seeing storm after storm threaten me. I think the writing behind it was pretty terrible and I no longer like to remember that thing exists, but here is an abridged version of the conclusions I came to.

10 Reasons it Would Suck to Keep a Hurricane As a Pet

1. Where will you keep it?

I suppose you could just rope off the Bay of Campeche…with ridges.

2. How will you feed it?

Their diet may be 100% warm seawater, but DAMN do these guys need a lot of it. Like just ten hours without 200 feet deep oceans of it and they drop dead. Remember folks, a hungry cane is not a happy cane.

3. House-training a hurricane is hard.

Forget litter box litter, you need sand bags.

4. Heating costs

What are you going to do about upwelling, huh? I guess you could stick a ton of aquarium heaters on the seafloor.

5. Beach parties are sooooo out.

At least you can now carry the beach with you when you go for walks inland.

6. Toys

“Fetch the oil rig!” gets tiring after a while.

7. You can’t have a multi-hurricane household.

Aww, you think they look so cute doing the Fujiwhara together? Wait until your Category 5 shreds your new tropical storm with its outflow and eats its remnant moisture for breakfast.

8. NOAA does not do house calls.

Who do you contact if your hurricane gets sick? “Hi…is this the NHC? My Bob just swallowed a ton of dry air and I think he needs his stomach pumped.”

9. You can’t name it.

I mean, I suppose Alicia is a nice name, but what if you want to call your new pet Azriel the Angel of Destruction? You’ll need to take that one up with the World Meteorological Organization.

10. It might kill you or someone you know.

I know you say your typhoon is a really friendly guy, and it couldn’t have been him, but I saw it throw a tree into my house while it was off leash.

=======

Also while the babies might look sweet and fluffy on satellite, I think they're kind of difficult to snuggle with.
4 likes   
I know I can't straddle the atmosphere...just a tiny storm in your teacup, girl.

storm_in_a_teacup
Category 1
Category 1

Re: A Little Hurricane Humor...To Cope With The Next Few Days

#2 Postby storm_in_a_teacup » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:37 pm

Also just after I posted this thing on my Tumblr, the algorithm recommended "water-based introspection" as a tag I should follow.
LOLOLOLOL yeah I am doing a ton of "water-based introspection" over the next few days. Like, "What is the worth of a house? Is it really that important in the grand scheme of things?.."
0 likes   
I know I can't straddle the atmosphere...just a tiny storm in your teacup, girl.

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”