NW Caribbean getting interesting

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

NW Caribbean getting interesting

#1 Postby Frank P » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:48 am

I know everyone is glued to Irma but looks like quite the cluster of thunderstorms developing in the NW Caribbean today... nothing on the models for support that I know of... something to watch for sure...

0 likes   

MetroMike
Category 3
Category 3

Re: NW Caribbean getting interesting

#2 Postby MetroMike » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:12 pm

I think the last couple of frames in 12z CMC was hinting at some development moving north into the Eastern Gulf.
1 likes   

robbielyn
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby robbielyn » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:19 pm

it's spinning down there as well. this could impact irmas path if this develops.
0 likes   
Robbielyn McCrary
I know just about enough to sound like I know what I'm talking about sometimes. But for your safety please follow the nhc for truly professional forecasting. :D

SuperMarioBros99thx
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#4 Postby SuperMarioBros99thx » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:59 pm

This could help convection in BoC develop into Jose (by merging between two).
Since it's currently on Yucatan Peninusla and moving WNW to that convection based on satellite images i looked on it before, this might happen pretty soon :(
1 likes   
My opinions are mine and SHOULD not be treated as an official source of information. PLEASE see National Hurricane Center, or any other meteorological agencies, for that matter. By the way, I was born and came from Indonesia, which is rarely hit by tropical cyclones, but regardless, I have LOTS of interest in meteorology.

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”